View Full Version : Music help for an Aussie

elem2
02-28-2005, 06:34 AM
fern61

New Subject: Music help for an Aussie

Hi, I am 13 years old and live in Australia. I have been skating for 3 years and I skate at Pre-Primary level. I don't think your levels are the same... Pre-primary is one level down from the level that can compete in Nationals. To give you an idea of where I am at..I can do an Axel, double Salchow, Double flip, flying camel etc.

I am desperatly looking for some skating music for my Artistic program and long Program. (I have something for SP) For my artistic I would like something fast and catchy..one that would make the audience want to dance to...but of course something that I can be really artistic too.

My SP is a classical song and am not really sure what I want for LP...ANY suggestions would be welcome. My mum and I have been looking for ages and are running out of time. I hope someone can help. My coach suggested I post a message on the board.

Mrs Redboots
02-28-2005, 08:47 AM
How about some Gershwin? A skater-friend of mine nearly skated to "I got rhythm" intercut with something a bit slower, perhaps "Summertime" (which is from the same opera, "Porgy & Bess"), or something from "Rhapsody in Blue". You can get instrumental versions widely available, and I don't think many people have done it, so it would be a little different.

samba
02-28-2005, 11:43 AM
How about Victory by Bond, excellent!!