View Full Version : Skating Magazine: Romance On Ice

jazzpants
02-24-2005, 06:07 PM
In this month's Skating Magazine, the cover story is called "Romance On Ice" in which they show 8 different couples that met on ice and have gotten married. Of those, all but ONE met thru ice dancing sessions. Is this a "not so subtle" hint that single people should take up ice dancing in order to meet a "signficant other?" :twisted: :lol: :P (Of course, I say this from hearing that a lot of the hetero guys take up ice dancing to meet women...)

MissIndigo
02-24-2005, 06:27 PM
In this month's Skating Magazine, the cover story is called "Romance On Ice" in which they show 8 different couples that met on ice and have gotten married. Of those, all but ONE met thru ice dancing sessions. Is this a "not so subtle" hint that single people should take up ice dancing in order to meet a "signficant other?" :twisted: :lol: :P (Of course, I say this from hearing that a lot of the hetero guys take up ice dancing to meet women...)

Heeheehee! I'm not looking to marry anytime soon, but dang, if I met someone like the guys profiled in the article, I'd be like let's go to the courthouse now!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was a very well-done piece, I think.

Terri C
02-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Too bad that the music used for ice dance is boring! That's one if not the main reason why I don't do it. Now, if a really nice and sweet guy came along, well he might sell me on it, with a big emphasis on might!

TashaKat
02-24-2005, 11:47 PM
Only the compulsories music is boring (and you even get used to that) especially when it's played over and over and over again. OD & Free Dance music can be nice to listen to especially as you can have vocals now :)

I have to say that I don't know how people meet on the ice, apart from a cute coach there hasn't been anyone of my age who I've been interested in :giveup:

Shinn-Reika
02-25-2005, 12:29 AM
Sigh, if only. I feel a little guilty, one of the reasons I kept going to the ice rink was because I knew the average female per capita rating would be higher than normal on my campus.

Yet I found so much more!

Yet I wonder, someone once told me that pair guys can court women really easily, but as much as I'd like to incorporate that into "my evil plan" (yessss yesssss) , I'm afraid I'll have to say no for now. I'm sure it's too much effort.

Ice dance looks like it's mucho fun though. I always thought that the music had more flare to it, than the comparitively lackluster peices used in singles.

Oh well I guess there's a lot of gruntwork.

*sigh* meeting on the ice, floating on air, is too perfect .

I think that while you can't blame someone for doing pairs/dance (because it is so cool).

You have to be somewhat suspicous of guys in synchro.

Shinn-Reika
02-25-2005, 12:41 AM
Okay so I have a crush on lady that frequents my arena.

But can you blame me?

She has the world's most amazing backwards spiral, hydroblades so low that I lose faith in the laws of physics, and spins so perfectly I think she can play music.

And she's really modest, not showy or flagrant. She doesn't think she's good at all. And I just want to shout that her awesomeness knows no bounds.

Sorry for being a bit fanatical, I'm too romantic for my own good.

-And ice romance is too good to be true

NoVa Sk8r
02-25-2005, 05:57 AM
Yet I wonder, someone once told me that pair guys can court women really easily, but as much as I'd like to incorporate that into "my evil plan" (yessss yesssss) , I'm afraid I'll have to say no for now.Perhaps ... but most of the women in the pairs teams are incredibly crazy and/or weird. :P

flo
02-25-2005, 07:41 AM
From Nova: "Perhaps ... but most of the women in the pairs teams are incredibly crazy and/or weird. "

We have to be! ;)

LoopLoop
02-25-2005, 09:04 AM
Perhaps ... but most of the women in the pairs teams are incredibly crazy and/or weird. :P

Well, given what we have to put up with... :halo:

jazzpants
02-25-2005, 01:33 PM
Too bad that the music used for ice dance is boring!Who needs music? If I was ice dancing with the man of my dreams, we would be ice dancing to the beat of our hearts!!! (I know, guys... *puke*) :P

nja
02-25-2005, 04:58 PM
I'm a freestyler who wouldn't touch dance with a 10-foot pole for the first few years I skated. When I did try it out in a beginners class, it wasn't with the notion of finding a partner, let alone a husband. Sometimes things just work out. We weren't featured in the Skating magazine, but we are going into our 10th year of competition together and our 5th year of marriage. We both freestyle, but it is unlikely we would have ever met without the dance since we skated at separate rinks.

Terri C., there are some new dance CDs out that have more contemporary and interesting music. Some clubs are already using them. Perhaps your club could look into it.