View Full Version : Tips on Dbl Loops

iskatealot
02-21-2005, 07:26 PM
Ok Im trying to get my dbl loop. My coach says that I could easily land if I would pull in my leg......I get the needed height without trying so that is not a problem I just need help 2 remind me 2 pull in my leg any tips?

fadedstardust
02-22-2005, 12:03 AM
Well, this may seem obvious but- what do you think of to pull your leg in on your OTHER doubles? If you think extra hard about whatever you think of in your easier doubles on the harder ones, usually it works. Otherwise try doing backspin loop backspin loop backspin excercizes. Good luck!

doubletoe
02-23-2005, 03:07 PM
My coach taught me to pull the ankles together at the very moment of takeoff, not to open up in the air and then pull in. You pull your ankles together as you take off and straighten your legs. Even though the jump is smaller this way, your rotation is so fast that you only need to be a couple inches off the ice! In order to stay centered over your right hip, focus on pointing the takeoff toe as you take off, and staying right over that toe as you rotate. Try it on the floor first to get the feeling.

flo
02-24-2005, 09:51 AM
Hi,
Intersting. I've always been told to go up then pull in. Pulling the ankles together too fast makes me spin the jump. I also started working on it originally for a throw double loop. In throws you really do have to go up first, as you need to clear your partner.

fadedstardust
02-24-2005, 07:18 PM
Well I just thought about the jump, and really, you're supposed to do both at the same time- jump up and pull in, that is what generates the snap. One without the other and it'll be a disaster either way, IMO.