View Full Version : Bournemouth/Southampton?

Melzorina
02-14-2005, 11:18 AM
I've searched endlessley and I can't find out wether there is an ice rink in/near Bournemouth or Southampton. I'm visiting next month and would like to find out, no search engine proves successful! Can anyone help?

I've found something about Gosport ice rink... Anyone know anything about that?

babyballerina
02-14-2005, 11:32 AM
Southampton ice rink was knocked down over 15 years ago.

Melzorina
02-14-2005, 11:35 AM
Yes, I do realise, but would Gosport be the closest?

Mrs Redboots
02-14-2005, 12:08 PM
Isle of Wight probably closer, but more awkward to get to. What about Basingstoke?

NISA gives a complete list of rinks on its website, but as they haven't bothered to include a search engine, it's not easy to know where to look:
http://www.iceskating.org.uk/dyncat.cfm?catid=10449

batikat
02-14-2005, 06:44 PM
Gosport is not far from Southampton - not sure about transport links but it's easy enough in a car. It's a very small rink and not much in the way of amenities. Very small cafe. Had a bad experience there when my daughter skated in a competition there some years ago - she got totally disorientated because of the small size and had to make up the end of her programme as there was no room to do what she would normally do on our full size home rink. We vowed never to return - but as somewhere just for a pleasure skate I'm sure it would be fine.

It's signposted well enough but a bit odd as you reach it through a housing estate and it looks like it's in an aircraft hanger.