View Full Version : Ice skating in Toronto

froggy
02-11-2005, 12:15 PM
Hi everyone! I'm planning a trip to Toronto, Canada, do you know of any indoor ice skating rinks in the area? thanks!

Hann
02-11-2005, 12:50 PM
Sorry.. me have no idea.. but i guess there would be some round there somewhere..

sorry

Hann

Carolyn
02-11-2005, 03:12 PM
Hi everyone! I'm planning a trip to Toronto, Canada, do you know of any indoor ice skating rinks in the area? thanks!

There's lots, I'd suggest the city rinks during adult skating hours (they've got stupid rules during crowded public skate sessions)

http://www.city.toronto.on.ca/parks/recreation_facilities/skating/skating.htm

The universities and colleges mostly have arenas which are not too busy. They're in quite different areas of the city, so see which ones are close.

Raine
02-11-2005, 03:40 PM
While visiting Toronto a while back, I skated on a weekend session run by University Skating Club (the U of T) at Varsity Arena. I called them weeks in advance to book the session. As a USFSA member, I had to jump through a few hoops to walk on, and it cost at least $20CDN, but it's a historic rink, and its midtown location is fabulous, particularly if you're staying in that part of town. It was only steps away from my hotel.

Cheers,
Raine

iskatealot
02-11-2005, 05:11 PM
There is a lot of skating in Toronto......Tons of clubs.....there is also outdoor skating At Nathan Philips Square and also an outdoor rink right on the water....I forget what its called but its shaped like a skate...

Carolyn
02-13-2005, 11:17 AM
There is a lot of skating in Toronto......Tons of clubs.....there is also outdoor skating At Nathan Philips Square and also an outdoor rink right on the water....I forget what its called but its shaped like a skate...

Harbourfront. I like that rink, it usually isn't too crowded.

Oh, and for clubs, there's a list at:

www.skatecanada-centralontario.com

I'm sure you can find one in there somewhere.