View Full Version : Passed My Tests - Hooray!

batikat
02-07-2005, 06:23 PM
I've been practising for these dance tests for ages so I'm really happy to report that I took them today and passed.

I took UK tests in:

Level 2 Dance moves - The forward inside curves were probably the best I have ever done them but the inside to outside changes of edge were not great - still good enough to pass though! :D

Level 1 variation - (this is I think something we only have in the UK and involves taking a perfectly good compulsory dance and inserting a section of your own moves into it somwhere in the middle and then picking up the compulsory steps where you left off - it ends up twice as long. I think it's supposed to be a gentle introduction to original dance but to me it's a ridiculous and twisted mish mash and I'd much rather just do original dance - but you can only do that after you have done level 3 variation which is based on the foxtrot - a level 5 dance - so i'm never likely to get to that (despite having competed in Original dance at the British Adult Championships and doing very well, I can't test it - crazy or what???!).

level 2 & level 3 Free dance - I performed the level 3 dance much better than the level 2 one - probably because the level 2 is only a minute long so is basically a cut down version of my level 3 dance which I love performing.

Having finally tested the level 1 variation ( my objection to the concept of this having prevented me from bothering with it before) I have now achieved the distinction of being the first adult skater at our rink to have a level 1 or higher in every part of the Freeskating; elements (1), free(1) and field moves(2) and dance tests; compulsory (2), Variation (1), Free dance(3) and dance moves(2).

Now I can get back to the Freeskating and work on landing that Loop again!

I guess maybe I should have posted this in the 'what level are you at?' thread!

Michigansk8er
02-07-2005, 06:35 PM
Congrats!!!!!! That's TERRIFIC!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

daisies
02-07-2005, 06:55 PM
Excellent! Congrats!

dbny
02-07-2005, 07:36 PM
Congratulations! Well done!

flo
02-07-2005, 10:11 PM
Congrats! They need a smlie with a martini glass!!! :lol:

mikawendy
02-07-2005, 10:24 PM
Congrats! They need a smlie with a martini glass!!! :lol:

...or a smilie with a vodka nip! :D

Congratulations, batikat!

phoenix
02-07-2005, 10:39 PM
That's a lot of testing in one day! Well done!!! :D :D

TashaKat
02-08-2005, 02:02 AM
http://www.annshallmark.com/lucyandme/lucy2.jpg

Well done :) That's fantastic. I agree with you about the 'Variation' and it depends how evil your coach is as to how difficult the variation bit is!! Even the judges said to us that mine was "rather complex". I THOUGHT that I recognised some of my variation .... it was taken from a Gold dance that one of the kids was working on!!!!!

NickiT
02-08-2005, 02:29 AM
That's great news!!! Congratulations! Now you can get back to that loop as you say, and get stuck into your freeskating!!! See you tomorrow!!

Nicki

Mrs Redboots
02-08-2005, 07:37 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!
That's terrific news - you must be exhausted now!

Husband and I have decided we have zero interest in taking the variation/OD test stream, so we aren't going to. We were both credited with Level 2 moves when they changed the system (again), and I'm hoping to get either level 3 Dance Moves or Prelim Field Moves before they do it again! Meanwhile, we struggle along with the dumbed-down version of our Free Dance (the "Caledonian Ball" job) for Level 1; I'm just hoping we get to test it before we have to bring it up to competition standard again!

sk8er1964
02-09-2005, 01:14 PM
:D :D Congratulations!!!!!!! :D :D

jazzpants
02-10-2005, 03:10 AM
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: WOOO HOOO, Batikat!!! CONGRATS!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: