View Full Version : why..?

fall_in_love
02-07-2005, 11:59 AM
I am in LOVE with figureskating.. ever sinse I first stepped on the ice in about..3rd grade. *i'm now in 9th grade*.. its like.. once you glide on the ice you just fall in love.. theres just something about it.. like feeling the wind as you go along.. or when you just landed that hard jump you've been working on.. or centered your sit spin reallly good. ahh just thinking about it makes me wanna go RIGHT THIS SECOND!
in 7th grade I quit..for many reasons. 1st. my coach moved.. and didn't tell me goodbye..she was like my second mom.. I mean.. come on? it was hard on me..2nd.. I thought I had to be a cool "7th grade girl" and people made fun of me for skating.
and now I'm back..and I'm probably the happiest person the face of this planet.
figureskating is like..the one thing in the world that takes me away from everything.
I don't have to think about anything but me and the ice.
its so relaxing.
and sometimes it CAN in fact get stressful..but its a good disaplined kind of stressfulness..
does anyone else feel this way?
well..
thats all.
I just love expressing my loooove for ice.
ahh.
figureskating is life*

Melzorina
02-07-2005, 12:15 PM
Wow, I feel exactly the same as you. Whenever I think about it I have the fantastic urge to go, but as some may know in my other post, it's not always possible.

I think being in love with the ice is much better than being in love with a person, it doesn't answer back, it can't dump you. It's brill!

I love gliding on clean smooth ice with no ruts or anyone elses tracing. When you can't feel anything under your blades, just the smooth ice.

froggy
02-07-2005, 08:41 PM
I definately can relate. Skating is something I look forward to the whole week long. When I'm on the ice it is just so relaxing, I can forget about all my other stressors.

from another ice skating fan :o)
happy skating and gliding!

Casey
02-08-2005, 12:56 AM
I think being in love with the ice is much better than being in love with a person, it doesn't answer back, it can't dump you. It's brill!

Well, it can hurt you sometimes, but I love it all the same. It's definitely my truest love. It makes me happy and everything else is insignificant in comparison. I find that when I don't skate well, it's because I have other things on my mind.