View Full Version : Music!!!

iskatealot
02-04-2005, 07:06 PM
Our club is holding an inclub competition in which we all skate.... ONLY we cant skate to our own music and our coaches cannot choreograph our routines..........Im entering 2 events one is a solo and the other is a pairs routine with another girl in the club (we are sadly lacking in male skaters around here) Does any one have any suggestions for music for either program?? (the music CAN have Lyrics)

TashaKat
02-05-2005, 01:59 AM
How old are you? What level skating? What kind of music do you like? Fast or slow? Would you like the music to have lyrics or not?

Mrs Redboots
02-05-2005, 05:54 AM
It sounds like a really fun competition! Are your coaches allowed to watch you practice your routine, and perhaps make suggestions like "you could probably land that jump if you raised your arm a bit more" (or whatever), or does it have to be practised strictly in your own time?

iskatealot
02-05-2005, 08:55 AM
Im 14 skating canadian Sr Bronze (axel dblsal dbl loop) coaches can give advise on jumps and stuff but not choreograph it............I dont mind lyrics in the music and fast or slow music both work

kittie067
02-05-2005, 10:04 AM
with lyrics i would suggest: miss american pie(not the whole thing of course) and any avril lavigne songs( i like her music cuz its usually fast)

no lyrics:pirates of the carribbean, first knight, i've heard terms of endearment is good if you can find it, far and away, star wars, last of the mohicans, there is a skating site that recommends music, and you can hear some of it on amazon.

here's the site: www.iceskatingworld.com.

hope this helps! and good luck! :D ;)

~kittie

mikawendy
02-06-2005, 01:53 AM
Here's another music question--has anyone seen that West Wing episode (can't remember the plot, sorry), in which there's a song, very soulful, whose chorus is "Hallelujah, hallelujah"? I also once saw a skating show on TV in which Joseph Sabovcik skated a program to that music--it was mostly edgework and walleys.

I LUUUURRVE that music and would love to have it to pop into the CD player at an empty freestyle. Dunno if I'd ever do a program to it, but I'd love to know what the music is.

babeonblades
02-06-2005, 02:34 PM
if i am thinking of the same music that hallelujah music is by jeff buckley and the title is hallelujah it was on the OC i love it too, so beautiful

Melzorina
02-06-2005, 03:19 PM
Or possibly Rufus Wainwright.
I prefer Rufus's version.

Very nice song.

mikawendy
02-06-2005, 06:27 PM
Thanks babeonblades and Melzorina!

I remembered which West Wing episode it was--it was the one in which Alison Janney's character is receiving threats and she is assigned a bodyguard. (I'm not a regular watcher, but it's a great show)