View Full Version : SP-Teri KT2 boots?

AnnM
02-04-2005, 12:54 PM
I was wondering if anyone here has either skated in this particular SP-Teri model or knows someone who has? Any reviews? This is the new boot model that replaced the former Super-Teri Deluxe model.

I'm currently in Super-Teris and have to get new boots (reluctantly because I hadn't planned on needing new boots so it will be a hit to my budget). I've been working mostly on the loop and flip, as well as lots of back-3 patterns and backspins/sit-change-sit. I'm going in for a fitting in about two weeks, so any feedback would be appreicated.

TimDavidSkate
02-04-2005, 05:04 PM
I am actually have been using it for 4 months now. So far so good :-D

Elsy2
02-05-2005, 08:42 AM
I think you should be cautious not to get a boot that is too advanced for your level of skating. The SP teri super teri (which I wear) has been plenty supportive for single jumps, and my daughter learned doubles in them as well.
The super teri deluxe is a stiffer boot and if this new model is as stiff, it may be more than you need.

AnnM
02-07-2005, 10:56 AM
That was on my mind as well Elsy. I may be fine with just a new pair of Super-Teris. It's something I'll have to discuss with my coach and Aaron.

Casey
02-08-2005, 10:36 PM
My fitter advised me that if I really wanted SP Teri (I did at first before deciding on Graf), that I should avoid the KT2 and KT3 boots for a couple more years, because he has seen several instances where the power tabs separate from the boot. He thinks SP Teri is a fine manufacturer though, and that they'll get the kinks ironed out in time. I'm not sure how common this is or if it's just a "once or twice is too many" thing...

jmp123
02-09-2005, 08:13 AM
I've had my KT2's for about 6 months - I went with this boot because I'm hoping to get back into pairs again and get all my doubles back (plus I'm a little heavier than I used to be!). It's taking me a long time to break them in, but I'm not skating as much as I should. I do like some of the new features like the hook arrangement, but I think the power tab is UGLY!

sk8ergurlzrock
02-07-2009, 01:39 PM
Hey, I just ordered my KT 2's and I was just wondering how long they would take to break in for someone who is doing lower level double jumps?

AxelBaby
02-07-2009, 01:59 PM
The first day I picked mine up I had all spins and jumps in them (up to a slightly cheated double flip).

After 1 week or about 10-15 hours of skating in them I couldn't even tell they were new anymore.

Hopefully you will LOVE them like I do! I <3 my SP Teri's!!!!

doubletoe
02-07-2009, 03:53 PM
My fitter advised me that if I really wanted SP Teri (I did at first before deciding on Graf), that I should avoid the KT2 and KT3 boots for a couple more years, because he has seen several instances where the power tabs separate from the boot. He thinks SP Teri is a fine manufacturer though, and that they'll get the kinks ironed out in time. I'm not sure how common this is or if it's just a "once or twice is too many" thing...

I think this is a problem they had for the first two years of this model, but not now. I am on my 2nd pair of KT-2's and find them MUCH easier to break in than my old Super Teri Deluxe boots, which really felt like casts and were probably more boot than I needed at the time. The KT-2's have the support level of the Super Teri Deluxe but because they have the notch in the lace area and the lower cut, softer top, you can get ankle bend in them much sooner and they don't dig into the bottom of your leg. I found them very easy to break in, especially after the heat-molding.
It's possible that this may be "too much boot" for you since you're still just working on your singles, but that also depends on how much you weigh and how aggressively you skate. I weight 120 and skate at Adult Gold level (most difficult jumps are axels and double sals), but I would have also done well in these when I was just doing singles up through lutz. Again, it all depends on your weight and how aggressively you skate. If you have deep knee/ankle bend, you should like them, but if you don't, they may be stiffer than you need.

WhiteBoots30
02-08-2009, 01:43 AM
I am on my second pair of KT2s and LOVE them. The first pair I had for 2 years and just wore them out (skating 5/6 days a week doing single jumps, axels and double sal attempts). I have found them very easy to break in and yet very supportive (I had broken both my previous pairs of skates - Alveiras and Gam 95s so must be heavy on my boots!). My children (1 teenage 1 adult) both wear them too (both changed from SP Teri super deluxe which had meant weeks of pain when breaking in and found them a welcome change). Lots of the other teenagers at our rink also wear them (mainly ones doing doubles) and I have not heard of anyone having any problems with broken power tabs or anything else.