View Full Version : Eastern Sectionals - Winter Classic announcement???

TimDavidSkate
02-02-2005, 08:59 PM
Did the schedule for Winter Classic/Eastern Sectionals in NYC have been announced? :?:

NoVa Sk8r
02-02-2005, 09:17 PM
The Skating Club of New York (http://thescny.org/) website says, "The applications are now being processed. As soon as the schedule is
completed it will be posted."

manleywoman
02-03-2005, 08:42 AM
I'm annoyed we haven't gotten at least a basic schedule for this. Are the qualifying events Saturday or Sunday? My coach wants to come but only for one night and I don't know which night to tell her! Plus some friends of mine and I want to get tickets to a Sunday Broadway matinee, and need to be assured that we are not skating on Sunday. i don't want the tickets to sell out! When I emailed the chair of the event, they couldn't really tell me much because they were waiting to hear back from the referee. Why do they always wait until so late to get these schedules together?

NaomiBeth1
02-03-2005, 12:54 PM
I have attended the Winter Classic the last few years, and they have always been terrible about posting the schedule. Usually it has come out only a week before the event. Since it's coinciding with Easterns, hopefully they will be better.

Also, every year the timing of each event has been poorly estimated, and even an hour into the competition, they are generally behind schedule by 40 minutes.

Raine
02-03-2005, 01:17 PM
I've called the SCNY a couple of times about the schedule. Evidently, there is a delay due to application processing for Sectionals.

I hope they post the schedule shortly. In addition to making a hotel reservation, I'll need to book practice ice for the day I'm competing.

Regards,
Raine

daisies
02-03-2005, 07:01 PM
Looks like they posted a tentative schedule:

http://www.thescny.org/pdf/winterclassic.pdf

starskate6.0
02-03-2005, 08:01 PM
I noticed there is no mention of the Masters men Interp event or gold mens 2 interp, so I can only guess that no one else entered the event. :(

I hate to think Im on my own here, anyone else out there in this event ..? 8O If not I guess Im doing an exhibition...