View Full Version : How did you and your Pairs/Dance Partner first meet?

FSWer
01-31-2005, 08:11 PM
Say I was just wondering how all our Pairs and Ice-Dance Teams hear found each other? How did you and your Partner first meet?

skaternum
01-31-2005, 08:55 PM
We both skated at the same rink -- him in dance, me in singles. We just struck up a friendship and later decided to try pairs.

NoVa Sk8r
01-31-2005, 09:40 PM
Loops and I first met in early 2002 at a regional low-level skating competition. But it wasn't until 6 months or so later that we started skating on the same evening public session. How I was hoodwinked, no, hornswoggled!, into skating pairs with her, I don't recall.

It's been fun for the most part. I've pulled/injured muscles in my body that I never knew existed. How's that for learning anatomy, the baptism by fire method! :D

TashaKat
02-01-2005, 02:18 AM
Hi FSWer :)

My (now ex) dance partner took lessons with my dance coach's sister! She asked me one day if I would like to do a competition with him and the rest is history :)

We got a bronze in our first competition (at Bracknell :D ) and really enjoyed it. Unfortunately I was finding that my own skating was suffering because I didn't have the time to devote to skating on my own and skating as a partnership so I split from him. He's now skating with another (really nice) lady at the rink and they're doing really well :D

Mrs Redboots
02-01-2005, 07:41 AM
Been married to mine for more years than I care to think about. Mind you, for the first 20 years of our married life I couldn't get him on to a dance floor for love nor money - these days, as long as said floor is made of ice, I can't get him off!

nja
02-01-2005, 11:33 AM
Skated on some of the same sessions and shared a coach for a while. Actually competed against each other for one season and then came together when both our partners dropped out. This year will be our 10th AN as a competitive team and our 5th wedding anniversary.