View Full Version : Competion Results

Justine_R
01-29-2005, 08:23 PM
Hey All,
I skated in my first competion today..and it was the worst experience ever.
I have the worst dry cough..and I have a constant pounding headache...so when I cough my head pounds and im coughing frequently.
Anyways..I managed to get through it.My coach really understood about me being sick and it was by far the worst I have ever skated seing as I coughed in nearly every spin and jump.
Well I got 4th out of 7 which I guess isn't that bad but im glad its over with now..I need to regain my strength for my skills test on Monday.

Well im of to bed....I feel really sucky.
Byex0x :cry:

Elsy2
01-29-2005, 09:09 PM
Sorry you are sick! You did just fine considering, coming in the middle of the pack. I'm sure you would have moved up a few placements had you been well.

Take care of yourself and get better. Next time I hope you really enjoy competing. Give it another chance when you are well.

dbny
01-29-2005, 09:33 PM
You did great just to go out and skate as sick as you were. You have an excellent attitude about it too! Good luck on Monday when you test.

skatemex
01-29-2005, 09:41 PM
Congratulations for having your first competition, and for getting 4th place despite not feeling well!
I may have my first competiton this year could you tell me what level you competed and what you did in your program?
congratulations, and probably your second competition will be much better!

Mrs Redboots
01-30-2005, 04:17 AM
Yes, indeed - 4th out of 7 is terrific for your first competition, especially as you're feeling so rotten. I do hope you are better for your test tomorrow - please let us know how you get on.

samba
01-30-2005, 05:25 AM
Excellent, well done!! Just think how well you will do next time with no illness, good luck

NickiT
01-30-2005, 06:35 AM
4th out of 7 is really good, especially on your first competition and with you being unwell. I hope you feel better soon.

Nicki

Justine_R
01-30-2005, 09:45 AM
Thanks guys.
Everyone around here is sick at the moment.I think I got it from people at school..because 5 people in my class have been away.

I really appreciate all your support..and I will let you know how my skill test goes tommorow.Im still not well so I think I have a 50-50 chance of passing but im going in today for 30 minutes just so we can go over it all.
My session is an hour and a half but im not going in for all of it..I need all the strength I can get for tommorow.

Well im crossing my fingers:D
Bye!

Oh..and for all of you that were wondering im competing at a preliminary level.
Its Canadian so I don't know what it is for people in other countries sorry.
I have passed my Prelim. freeskate but at this competion I competed at a level called Preliminary.Limited..its for people that can't land the axel although on girl did.
Shes one of my best friends though so I was really proud of her.
I skated to Pirates of the Carribean..and my solo is 2.09, I must say it was the longest 2 minutes of my life yesterdayy! :??