View Full Version : flip/loop help

figure_skater
01-29-2005, 05:47 PM
well... i almost have both my flip and my loop, i have the full rotation, correct in-air position and take-off, and pretty much everthing EXCEPT the landing. I always just land on two feet. I don't know what to do...help!

fadedstardust
01-29-2005, 09:01 PM
Well, if you have perfect take off, in-air position, and full rotation then all you have to do is lift one of your legs and you'll have a one legged landing. However, a botched landing is always the sign of something else being wrong, whether at take off or in the air, and most likely you do not have full rotation (which is the number one explanation for two footings, along with number 2 which is crooked in-air position). I would ask your coach to look at your jumps and tell you what is wrong with them. If he/she says nothing is wrong with them, ask them why you can't land it, then. There's always something wrong with the jump if there is something wrong with the landing, unless you are being lazy (not meant as an insult, everyone gets lazy landings and falls sometimes). But something tells me there is something to be corrected, only we cannot do it if we cannot see you executing the move.

Good luck.

NickiT
01-30-2005, 06:41 AM
If everything is right with your take-off and position in the air, I'd say it's just a bad habit you have got into on the landing. You know you can do the jumps so now you need to concentrate on landing on one foot. Perhaps allowing yourself to put down the second foot shortly after landing to start with and keeping it off longer and longer until you can land on one foot with no problems. Good luck.

Nicki

batikat
01-30-2005, 07:24 AM
I have trouble landing on one foot too and it's usually due to under rotation and/or lack of confidence in my ability to land safely on one foot. I find it sometimes helps to consciously think about lifting up the free foot as you land (which means you can't put it down). It takes a while but it helps get the brain and feet to learn to be in the right place.

The trouble is that there is so much to think about at once!

slusher
01-30-2005, 11:49 AM
Think about landing it with the foot still crossed in front, as if you were going to do loop/loop. When the foot is crossed in front above the landing foot in the wrap position, you can't possibly two foot it. You might fall, but as others have said, then the falling is symptomatic of something else.

iskatealot
01-30-2005, 03:32 PM
while I definitly agree that it probably means that you have something else wrong with your jump there is always one other possibility. How long have you been working on these jumps?? if Its been quite a while that youve been trying to get these jumps then it is very possible that you are just used 2 two footing or that you are afraid to land on one foot after 2footing for so long.........otherwise just consentrate on the one foot part of the jump until you get it!