View Full Version : Edge Workshop-- Aston, Pa

Scarlett
01-29-2005, 11:47 AM
Has any one been to the Edge clinic in Aston PA? I am interested in going but am not a high level skater (ISI FS3). I would like to hear of anyone's experiences at the clinic.

Skate@Delaware
01-29-2005, 05:24 PM
My coach tries to go to all their workshops, she says they are great! My husband, daughter and I are planning on going up (probably spending the night before up there since it is about 2 hours away).

She says they have the most awesome facility! I can't wait to see it!

Here are our skating levels (USFSA):
me: Adult 4/Freestyle 1/2
husband: Adult 2-3
daughter: Freestyle 3/4

So you see, our skills jump all over the board. If you are unsure, send them an email and they will let you know. I wasn't sure so I emailed them and they said ok for all our levels.

Terry.

starskate6.0
01-29-2005, 05:57 PM
Has any one been to the Edge clinic in Aston PA? I am interested in going but am not a high level skater (ISI FS3). I would like to hear of anyone's experiences at the clinic.

Scarlett

From a personal stand point I can recomend the coaches at Ice Works, many of them have been olympic skaters and have a vast amount of experience . I have also been taking lesson at ice works for the past 18 months and I can say that my basic skills have improved greatly because of the coaching I have received and my footwork is far in advanced of what I was doing just 12 months ago. I am very happy with the attitudes of the coaches as well. I am never put aside for younger skaters and often get tips on the ice from the coaches even if Im not taking a lesson.
There goal is to see me be the best skater i can be. Even if your just getting going on the edges they will help you . :D

mikawendy
02-17-2005, 11:47 PM
Hi, Ross--
I just signed up for the Aston workshop. I'm very excited. Will you be doing it? I'm trying to convince flo (hint hint) ;) that she also wants to do it (boot situation permitting)

(Scarlett--if you decide to go, we should meet up--I'm also a CW skater).

sk8pics
02-18-2005, 05:56 AM
I went last year and frankly didn't like their workshop all that much. Although Debbie Koegel was the best!!! But I didn't think the way the on-ice sesssions were split was very helpful and I got basically no attention in one of the jump classes. I also thought some of the off-ice sessions were more focused on local skaters and those of us not local got pretty much ignored. And they never asked for any feedback or suggestions, which I thought was poor also. It was their first adult workshop I think, so you'd think the organizers would have wanted some feedback, but no.

I know the coaches are great and I think if you are training there regularly you certainly have another opinion, but that's how it felt to me as an outsider.

Pat
(edited to fix a typo)

starskate6.0
02-18-2005, 02:43 PM
I went last year and frankly didn't like their workshop all that much. Although Debbie Koegel was the best!!! But I didn't think the way the on-ice sesssions were split was very helpful and I got basically no attention in one of the jump classes. I also thought some of the off-ice sessions were more focused on local skaters and those of us not local got pretty much ignored. And they never asked for any feedback or suggestions, which I thought was poor also. It was their first adult workshop I think, so you'd think the organizers would have wanted some feedback, but no.

I know the coaches are great and I think if you are training there regularly you certainly have another opinion, but that's how it felt to me as an outsider.

Pat
(edited to fix a typo)

Well spoken Pat.
I skate at Ice works and will pass your thoughts on. Im sure they will be all ears to your needs. If anyone else has any praise or dislikes about the clinics at Ice works just let me know and I will pass it on , Im sure the coaches want to hear the good and the bad so we can make it better for all the next imte you attend. :D Our adult skaters are a great buch of skaters who want to see all adults advance in there skills and we are willing to hear you out on what you think and make changes to further your skills. Im sure all the coaches will agree. I have an e-mail address for the director of coaching at Ice works if you would like to speak to her regarding your needs. Its all good info, If any of the adults pop in to skate with us at Ice works please come say hello and inroduce your self to me, Im Ross and Ill be glade to show you around....( no charge :lol: )