View Full Version : Roll Call: Adult Nationals 2005

Jennifer28
01-28-2005, 11:55 AM
Hi everyone! I had to write because I am new and excited to be going to my first ever AN in Kansas City! I will hopefully see lots of people there. OK, put as much information as you want here about what your level is, what you will be doing in your program, any advice if you have been before, etc.
Here's mine:
I am Jennifer, skating Ladies bronze I this year, my first AN
My program is 1 minute 36 seconds and I am doing a lutz, flip, loop-loop, salchow, camel, sit, scratch spin, 2 spirals in my program. I am not doing interp this year.

NoVa Sk8r
01-28-2005, 12:03 PM
Hey, it's my first adult nationals as well!

I'll be competing in:
-Silver pairs-
Elements still being worked on; we're hoping for an upgrade by then?

-Silver men I FS-
Oh, gosh, my elements change practically daily but include a flying camel/catch camel, lutz/loop/loop, split/flip, a varaition on the theme of camel/sit, lutz, spiral sequence, axel (it's *planned* at least), salchow, flip/loop, and another spin combo that I'm still tweaking. Add some spread eagles and some attitude, and there ya go. ;)

*Stephen*

daisies
01-28-2005, 12:58 PM
Jennifer, you're gonna have a great time!

My name's Julie, and I will be going to my 11th AN. :) I entered Masters Junior 2 and Masters Interp 2. See y'all there!

nja
01-28-2005, 01:00 PM
This is also our 11th Nationals. My husband and I are doing Gold and (hopefully) Championship Dance.

Michigansk8er
01-28-2005, 03:10 PM
This will be my 3rd AN. I'm only doing interp this year. I'm a Silver III skater.

sk8er1964
01-28-2005, 07:02 PM
This will be my third year too. I will be doing Gold II (unless I qualify at sectionals 8O then it will be the championship Gold instead of the open), and I will be doing masters iterp for the first time.

starskate6.0
01-28-2005, 07:45 PM
Im going too.
This will be my second, I was in Silver last year. This year Ill be doing Gold mens II Free with lots of great footwork and with any luck more than one double jump, The interp is the event I love the most and I love bringing the audiance into my programs . This year Im doing ( " Theres a sucker born every minute ").....and the biggest one.. excluding none... is ..Meeeeee. :lol:

manleywoman
01-28-2005, 08:24 PM
This will be my 8th. I'm doing Junior Ladies 1, Masters Interp 1, and with any luck, Championship Masters Ladies (which I really want to do, not as much because of the event itself, but to show off my new fabulous custom dress!)

Mrs Redboots
01-29-2005, 04:33 AM
I am so hoping to be there to watch and meet those of you I haven't already met (and, obviously, old friends!), but it's still not certain. Fingers crossed..... I do so want to be there!

PattyP
01-29-2005, 03:10 PM
I bought my airline ticket yesterday!

This will be my 7th AN. Wow, time flies!

I entered Gold II and Masters Interp II. First time at this level! No one will call me a "sandbagger" this year....HAHA :lol:

I wont know what elements until the week of the event. My goal is to have one double and a couple of nice axels. I can dream, can't I?

I can't wait!

Patty

flo
01-29-2005, 10:34 PM
Ladies Silver II, and as with Julie, this will be my 11th.

TimDavidSkate
01-29-2005, 10:44 PM
Bronze I - Men
Music: undecided
Elements - A lutz, flip, a combo, ummm.....

kar5162
01-30-2005, 12:27 AM
1st Nationals, Silver Ladies I

Music, elements ??? will hopefully figure it out soon. :-) Am tentatively planning to do axel, lutz-toe, flip-loop, salchow, loop, flip, camel-sit-back sit-Y, scratch, and flying camels, with some kind of footwork and (my favorite) a few spirals.
kim

skaternum
01-30-2005, 01:03 PM
Bronze I - Men
Music: undecided
Elements - A lutz, flip, a combo, ummm.....Tim, I thought you'd passed above the Preliminary freeskating test when you were younger? If so, you're not eligible to skate Bronze. (Or am I just remembering wrong about previous postings?)

LoopLoop
01-30-2005, 01:21 PM
I'll be there in silver ladies II and silver pairs.

For freestyle, my music is Rachmaninoff's "Vocalise" and, at least as of now, my elements are: salchow, loop-loop, camel-sit-backsit, flip, lutz-toe, back camel, axel, flying sit. With some spread eagles, bauers, spirals, etc. in between.

techskater
01-30-2005, 04:06 PM
This is my 5th year. Gold Ladies 1 and Masters Interp 1 and hopefully Championship Gold Ladies this year (at least that's the goal)

TimDavidSkate
01-30-2005, 08:57 PM
Tim, I thought you'd passed above the Preliminary freeskating test when you were younger? If so, you're not eligible to skate Bronze. (Or am I just remembering wrong about previous postings?)

They are making me redo all adult tests and I stumped on my silver moves, so to play it cleanly I am doing Bronze. Believe me I do not want to do Nationals at the bronze level.

Plus with my work schedule, I am not ready to commit to gold quite yet. My body hasn't been up to doing doubles lately.

Stormy
01-30-2005, 09:34 PM
But you didn't say if you'd passed above your Prelim FS? If you have, you really can't skate Bronze. USFSA will catch that when you register. Believe me, I know how that can come back and bite you in the butt! I passed PreJuv FS years ago and it made me ineligible for Bronze last year, and I messed up my Silver moves and couldn't skate Silver.

Anywho, this is my first AN, I'll be doing Silver Ladies I. Music is by Bond, and elements will be lutz/loop/loop combo, flip/loop combo, loop, axel(hopefully!!!!), flying camel, layback, and combo spin. My goal is to make it through to finals and be in the top 10. But regardless, I am just happy to be competing there finally! :)

Mrs Redboots
01-31-2005, 04:14 AM
Thought I'd got the husband to book the tickets last night, but when it came to producing his credit card he said "Give me another few days!" I keep pointing out that the airfares might go up, but.... MEN!!!!!

flo
01-31-2005, 09:04 AM
Hi Loops, I had the same music a few years ago, it was wonderful. I loved the program - very edgey!

skaternum
01-31-2005, 09:12 AM
They are making me redo all adult tests and I stumped on my silver moves, so to play it cleanly I am doing Bronze. Believe me I do not want to do Nationals at the bronze level.As Stormy said, it's about your standard track tests. USFSA bases your adult competition level on your adult tests AND your standard track tests, too. So if you've passed Pre-Juvenile or Juvenile FS, you are not allowed to compete at Bronze. Yes, it's an unfair catch-22, because you can't do bronze, but you can't pass silver. But them's the rules. They'll certainly catch that at USFSA when they're processing applications.

NoVa Sk8r
01-31-2005, 09:12 AM
Hi Loops, I had the same music a few years ago, it was wonderful. I loved the program - very edgey!
Loops' program is great--it brings out all her wonderful edge qualities! 8-)

pennybeagle
01-31-2005, 11:34 AM
Silver I FS
Music: swing selections (Big Bad Voodoo Daddy)
Elements planned: circular footwork, lutz-loop, axel, flying sit, change edge spiral, flip, layback, axel-toe (or lutz, depending on conditioning), split-flip-half loop-salchow, camel-back camel-back scratch.
Elements I can actually do: the first 6 or 7 of the above listed elements. Need to work on that endurance!!

Adult I Interp
Music: The Sky is Crying (Stevie Ray Vaughn)
Elements: work in progress...

NaomiBeth1
01-31-2005, 11:53 AM
I will also be competing at my first AN in level Silver Ladies I.

I have a loop-loop, lutz, lutz-loop, axel (hopefully), and flip-half loop-flip (if I can learn to stand on one foot!). My spins are a mediocre layback, a sit-back sit, and a flying camel. I'll be competing at the Winter Classic in NY as my practice competition.

1st Nationals, Silver Ladies I

Music, elements ??? will hopefully figure it out soon. :-) Am tentatively planning to do axel, lutz-toe, flip-loop, salchow, loop, flip, camel-sit-back sit-Y, scratch, and flying camels, with some kind of footwork and (my favorite) a few spirals.
kim

starskate6.0
01-31-2005, 12:40 PM
Silver I FS
Music: swing selections (Big Bad Voodoo Daddy)
Elements planned: circular footwork, lutz-loop, axel, flying sit, change edge spiral, flip, layback, axel-toe (or lutz, depending on conditioning), split-flip-half loop-salchow, camel-back camel-back scratch.
Elements I can actually do: the first 6 or 7 of the above listed elements. Need to work on that endurance!!

Adult I Interp
Music: The Sky is Crying (Stevie Ray Vaughn)
Elements: work in progress...

Big bad VooDoo Daddy...... :D Right up my alley, This I have to see.. ;)
Good luck girl its a great piece of Music.

pennybeagle
01-31-2005, 11:41 PM
Big bad VooDoo Daddy...... :D Right up my alley, This I have to see.. ;)
Good luck girl its a great piece of Music.

My coach and I picked this at the last minute, and I thought it would be fun. Now, I'm having second thoughts because it's SO FAST that I feel panicked the entire time...doh!
Hopefully, it will be "fun" and not "frantic" by the time April rolls around. ;)

starskate6.0
02-01-2005, 09:23 PM
My coach and I picked this at the last minute, and I thought it would be fun. Now, I'm having second thoughts because it's SO FAST that I feel panicked the entire time...doh!
Hopefully, it will be "fun" and not "frantic" by the time April rolls around. ;)

In a piece like that you realy have to keep your feet under you but the big thing is to sell it honey, you realy have to enjoy the music in order to sell it and make others realy take notice of you. don't forget, Never cut your head off....The face that launched a thousand ships works on the ice too.. :mrgreen: Good luck and don't forget to come and say Hi... :D

Mrs Redboots
02-07-2005, 03:42 AM
It looks as though we are coming! :D Husband said last night that he thinks we'll go - he's going to talk to his colleagues at his Kansas City office to see if there is any chance he can blag a freebie, but even if not....

I'll believe it when we've the tickets booked, but it is now "probable" rather than "possible"!

It'll be great to see all my friends - and so many friends I haven't yet met in the flesh (Looploop, NoVaSk8er, Skaternum, Michigansk8er, to name only a few....)....

Figureskates
02-07-2005, 06:13 AM
Mrs. Redboots, I am glad you will have the chance to go. I went and watched for the first time last year and I had great, great time.

PattyP
02-07-2005, 10:08 AM
It looks as though we are coming! :D Husband said last night that he thinks we'll go -

Yay Annabel! That's great news! :)

I look forward to meeting you.

Patty

Michigansk8er
02-07-2005, 06:08 PM
It looks as though we are coming! :D

Yay!!!!!!!!

skaternum
02-07-2005, 06:39 PM
It looks as though we are coming! ...
It'll be great to see all my friends - and so many friends I haven't yet met in the flesh (Looploop, NoVaSk8er, Skaternum, Michigansk8er, to name only a few....).... How fabulous! I'm not skating this year, but you may have just convinced me to fly out for a few days to see my friends skate and meet you guys in person! KC is pretty cheap to fly into, and I'd only need a few nights in a hotel. Maybe I can bum rides to the arena, so I don't need a car. Hmmm, this is starting to seem really do-able!

Michigansk8er
02-07-2005, 06:42 PM
How fabulous! I'm not skating this year, but you may have just convinced me to fly out for a few days to see my friends skate and meet you guys in person! KC is pretty cheap to fly into, and I'd only need a few nights in a hotel. Maybe I can bum rides to the arena, so I don't need a car. Hmmm, this is starting to seem really do-able!

Hope you can work it out!!!!

NoVa Sk8r
02-07-2005, 08:40 PM
How fabulous! I'm not skating this year, but you may have just convinced me to fly out for a few days to see my friends skate and meet you guys in person! KC is pretty cheap to fly into, and I'd only need a few nights in a hotel. Maybe I can bum rides to the arena, so I don't need a car. Hmmm, this is starting to seem really do-able!Oh ... the thought of having the Other Woman in Kansas City for AN is very exciting indeed!
We've spread mischief and waggery up and and down the East Coast ... now we can branch out to the Midwest. :twisted: :P

skaternum
02-08-2005, 05:24 AM
Oh ... the thought of having the Other Woman in Kansas City for AN is very exciting indeed!
We've spread mischief and waggery up and and down the East Coast ... now we can branch out to the Midwest. <insert evil laugh here> It does have potential, doesn't it?? :twisted:

coskater64
02-08-2005, 02:10 PM
I will be going @ Gold Ladies II (3rd year) and if many gods smile upon me I might make Championship gold, I have once before. Masters Interp II hoping to improve on last years performance they have slowly been better from 8th to 4th last year.

Good luck all.http://www.skatingforums.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=215219#

Mel On Ice
02-08-2005, 05:00 PM
I think I responded in the wrong thread! I AM going to AN this year, my first as a competitor! I'm in Bronze I and Interpretive. My expectations are low for placement, but my anticipation is high, as I cannot WAIT to attend this event and compete! For the 100% dork factor, I have dreamed about doing this since I first met MichiganSkater at AN in AA in '99.

I've had some "commentators" dismiss this accomplishment as "any adult skater can go if they have the money for the entry fee." I guess in part that is true, but I took some pretty hard tests (for me anyway) to qualify and swallowed my fear to send in the forms. It's an accomplishment for me darn it!

I can't wait to meet everyone!

Mel

Beccapoo2003
02-08-2005, 05:55 PM
Mel on Ice, you rock!! ( head banging) That's the attitude!!
I'm looking forward to seeing you at AN. :)
Happy skating!
Becca

daisies
02-08-2005, 06:16 PM
I've had some "commentators" dismiss this accomplishment as "any adult skater can go if they have the money for the entry fee."

That is so lame. Yeah, anyone can go ... but, like you said, they must have passed the required tests. What's more, it takes more than money to be able to get out and perform in front of judges and your peers. I would tell those "commentators" to stick it, but hey, that's just me. :)

Good for you for signing up for AN. I hope I meet you there and that you have a wonderful time skating!!!

flo
02-08-2005, 06:33 PM
Mel,
Just becuse you don't have to qualify before you go to Adult Nationals does not mean that it's not a serious event for serious skaters. We're not the kids, we're adults. Their system is not ours, and for good reasons. The adult movement is also relatively young in USFSA time (comparable in many aspets to geological time). Another great difference between us and the kids not always mentioned are the numbers of participants. Although there are many more than ever expected, there are still not numbers (among other things) to support qualyifing evets for all levels. We also want to encourage the growth of the movement, and many feel that quals at all levels would hinder this as AN is a such an enjoyable event for us all.
Also, "any" skater can't just pay and go. Like you said, you first have to test - for bronze, that means that many of you have taken and passed 4 tests. You also need a music, a program, then there's the costumes... And once you're there, there are initial rounds then finals.

So join us and enjoy yourself!

Michigansk8er
02-08-2005, 08:42 PM
I've had some "commentators" dismiss this accomplishment as "any adult skater can go if they have the money for the entry fee."

I've heard the same thing! Adults are dismissed, but the kids are fawned over, and given lavish gifts when they test high enough to go to non-qualifying regionals. And the difference is what?

I'm glad you are going!!!! Good for you for having a goal and accomplishing it. Yay Mel!!!!!!!

jazzpants
02-09-2005, 01:33 AM
I've had some "commentators" dismiss this accomplishment as "any adult skater can go if they have the money for the entry fee." Yah... and I would LOVE for those "commentators" to go thru the adult track and takes those GAWD AWFUL moves and FS tests!!! That'll teach 'em!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Go kick some ice butt at AN for me, Mel!!! You enjoy your first experience at AN!!! You deserve it, girlfriend!!! :mrgreen:

Thin-Ice
02-09-2005, 03:43 AM
Those "commentators" are misinformed. YES -- when AN was just starting, anyone who had the money to go, COULD go.. but since the minimum level is now passing the Bronze freestyle test.. it IS an accomplishment to be allowed to compete at AN! Next time someone says something like that.. tell them they are WAY behind the times and need to read the entry form or rulebook.

Not to mention, for most adults it's hard to 1) pass the tests (at some point in their skating careers -- whether as a kid or an adult) to qualify, 2) get the time off from "real life" to go, 3) conquer the nerves to go the first time and 4) remember to send in all the forms on time!

But once you go -- you'll be soooo glad you did! Hope to meet you there! What level of Bronze are you skating (I, II, III)?

By the way, one year, there was a woman who competed in Bronze II and had only a waltz jump, toe loop and one-foot spin in her program. She wasn't terribly fast, but she REALLY sold her program and looked like she was having the time of her life skating on the 1980 rink in Lake Placid. She received a loud ovation when she finished.. because everyone THERE knew what it took for her to even get out on that ice and compete. Too bad your "commentators" don't know what it really takes for adults to compete!

Are we going to try to arrange a SkatingForum get-together?

(Two months from now, we'll be in Overland Park! :D )

Mrs Redboots
02-09-2005, 06:15 AM
Are we going to try to arrange a SkatingForum get-together?

(Two months from now, we'll be in Overland Park! :D )Yes please! I do know some of you "in the flesh" as it were, but an awful lot of you are friends I've yet to meet, and I long to know who you all are. Is it really only two months - help! I think, somehow, I won't be competing in our club's Opens this year unless I can get my act seriously together to get some music cut in time....

flo
02-09-2005, 10:20 AM
Actually for the first year or two the only event open to all was interpretive, and then it was no picnic. All the levels, no test through master skaters were combined , and there were also qualifying and final rounds. The third year the interp events were divided into adult and masters, and the qual and final rounds continued 'till 99. For all the other events you still had to have the tests.

caolaidhe
02-09-2005, 10:33 AM
I'll be there in Gold Ladies I! (I'm doing Champ. Gold at the midwestern sectionals but I don't expect to place high enough to make it to AN in the Championship category!) I've been to AN twice before (2002 & 2003, both times in Silver I), but this will be my first time at the gold level.

I'm not doing Interp this time (for money & time reasons) but I'm actually really looking forward to getting to just hang out and watch a lot more of the Interp & other events. The previous times I went to AN, I skated in a qualifying round on Wed, Interp on Thurs, and a final round on Fri, and did practice sessions each of those days, so I felt like I didn't get to just relax and enjoy watching until Saturday!

Thin-Ice
02-10-2005, 03:15 AM
Originally there were no Pre-Bronze tests.. and we didn't even have Moves yet. But we did have the option of doing figures. It was so much fun to have a REAL figures event with other competitors at roughly the same level. And yes, as Flo says, the Interp. events did have everyone from Bronze up to Masters... and we all knew the Masters and maybe a Gold skater would medal... but it was still fun to go just for the experience and you could say you had been to a National event JUST FOR ADULTS!!!

climbsk8
02-12-2005, 09:37 PM
Hey Skaternum!!!!!

I need a roomie for the event. I'll bring the Bailey's, OK? I wonder if there's a Swiss Acres in in Kansas City....hmm....

It will be worth going just to see NoVaSk8er's debut!

BTW, here's my roll call info:

Event: Gold Ladies I (and maybe championship if the planets align correctly)
Music: Asturias from Suite Espagnole -- Albeniz
Planned Elements: axel in combo, flying camel, double loop (AS IF!!!!), layback, spiral and footwork sequence, double salchow (who knows?), split jump, and camel-sit-Yspin-backsit combo.

Also doing Masters Interp ... music choice is CLASSIFIED :)

NoVa Sk8r
02-13-2005, 03:40 AM
It will be worth going just to see NoVaSk8er's debut!

BTW, here's my roll call info:

Event: Gold Ladies I (and maybe championship if the planets align correctly)
Music: Asturias from Suite Espagnole -- Albeniz
Gulp ... I hope not to disappoint, then. What pressure!
Oh, I love your music choice, by the way. 8-)

Mrs Redboots
02-13-2005, 06:43 AM
We will have to miss the Wednesday, as we've just realised that our own Opens are 11-12 April, so we can't get away until the Wednesday. So if we are to have a Skating Forums get-together, could it be on the Friday night?

We're hoping to join in the social dancing on the Sunday morning - anybody know what I should wear (leggings? practice dress? dance skirt? posh frock?). Whichever, I will, of course, be wearing red boot covers!

Petlover
02-13-2005, 09:17 AM
I won't be there this year, but I want to wish all skaters the best of luck, and have a lot of fun!!!!! Just the fact that you, as an adult, are willing to work hard and get out there is an awesome accomplishment!!!!!

skaternum
02-13-2005, 04:39 PM
Hey Skaternum!!!!!

I need a roomie for the event. I'll bring the Bailey's, OK? I wonder if there's a Swiss Acres in in Kansas City....hmm....Ugh! Please, no Swiss Acres. Your rooms were great; ours were much less so. :lol:

I'm definitely going to be bunking alone. My friend Pollie taught me a very valuable lesson: non-skaters who snore must never share a hotel room with skaters!! You'd absolutely kill me if I kept you awake all night. Plus, I don't want to wake up when you get up to go to practice ice before the sun comes up!

It will be worth going just to see NoVaSk8er's debut!I agree wholeheartedly! I have a couple of friends/colleagues who live in KC, so I'll be splitting my time between the arena and visits with them. But I absolutely will be there to see my pals on ice, though! And to do dinner with anybody who wants to on Friday night. (Annabel, I think that's the perfect night for a meet and greet.)

Also doing Masters Interp ... music choice is CLASSIFIED :)Ooh, sounds interesting!! Can't wait to see it.

Mrs Redboots
02-14-2005, 07:46 AM
It's absolutely definite - we've booked our tickets! Sadly, if any of you are skating just on the Wednesday we'll miss you, since our own Opens are on 11 & 12 April, so we can't actually get away until the Wednesday. This is in fact a Good Thing, since it's saved us £100 on the fares, but it means we won't be there until the Thursday.

This also means we're not now leaving until the following Wednesday, which means we'll be here on the Sunday morning for the social dance session! So we're bringing our skates.... Does anybody know what sort of thing I ought to bring to wear (it's all very well for Husband, he only has the one smart pair of skating trousers.....)?

Unless anybody has a better idea, I'll get the friends with whom we're staying in Overland Park to recommend a restaurant that will happily cater for a large group.....

Michigansk8er
02-15-2005, 04:49 PM
It's absolutely definite - we've booked our tickets!

Fantastic!!!!!!

Unless anybody has a better idea, I'll get the friends with whom we're staying in Overland Park to recommend a restaurant that will happily cater for a large group.....
I hear there is a "famous" BBQ place in the area that is a must. Anyone heard anything about this?

We can all get together at the competitor's party too. There are always additional tickets for sale.

coskater64
02-15-2005, 05:22 PM
This is the place that is legendary for ribs and of course their sauce is what is the capper. I went here once for a thingee, when I was young like, 20 years ago, but I am pretty sure this is the place.

la

K C MASTERPIECE BARBECUE
10985 METCALF AVE
OVERLAND PARK, KS
(913) 345-1199

Michigansk8er
02-15-2005, 06:33 PM
This is the place that is legendary for ribs and of course their sauce is what is the capper. I went here once for a thingee, when I was young like, 20 years ago, but I am pretty sure this is the place.

la

K C MASTERPIECE BARBECUE
10985 METCALF AVE
OVERLAND PARK, KS
(913) 345-1199

Thanks!!!! I'll have to check it out.

Michigansk8er
02-15-2005, 06:36 PM
Here's a link:

KC Masterpiece Barbeque (http://www.kcmrestaurants.com/kc.html)

And Menu:

Menu (http://www.kcmrestaurants.com/menu.html)

Mrs Redboots
02-16-2005, 06:09 AM
All I can say is, nyum nyum! :yum:

LoopLoop
02-16-2005, 10:10 AM
There's a better barbecue place in Overland Park called Jack Stack. I've been there a couple of times.

http://www.smokestack.com/article.asp?ai=121

NoVa Sk8r
02-16-2005, 10:14 AM
I guess KC is not the best place for a vegetarian to be, culinary wise! :D

Mel On Ice
02-16-2005, 10:39 AM
There's a better barbecue place in Overland Park called Jack Stack. I've been there a couple of times.

http://www.smokestack.com/article.asp?ai=121

I think hubby brought some of this home from a business trip. We greedily ate it standing up at the counter with our hands. I'm not ashamed.

climbsk8
02-16-2005, 12:18 PM
I guess KC is not the best place for a vegetarian to be, culinary wise! :D

Yeah, I was wondering about that....probably not much for rabbit-food-lovers like me.

Mrs Redboots
02-16-2005, 01:37 PM
Again, I'll try to find out. I'm not vegetarian, but sometimes people find it hard to tell..... I gather there's a superb Chinese buffet, that our hosts will take us to (she's raved about it so often that I simply have to try it!). And all the usual chains, and probably some local ones, too. I'll see what she has to say!

skaternum
02-16-2005, 04:01 PM
I bought my plane tickets today. I'm not skating this year, but I'll be there to cheer you all on and meet those of you I've never met in person before! I have several friends who live in KC who are either skaters or are absolutely fascinated with the idea of our subculture, so they'll probably get dragged to the rink with me. I can't wait to see everybody!! It's such a cheap place to fly into and stay in, I thought, "Why not??"

I'm debating whether to bring my skates or not. It's a lot of hassle for 1 or 2 sessions at a rink across town. Thoughts?

NoVa Sk8r
02-16-2005, 04:05 PM
I bought my plane tickets today. Glad you're coming ... you can be my good luck charm! :D

skaternum
02-16-2005, 04:29 PM
Glad you're coming ... you can be my good luck charm!I'll do my best! If the Other Woman can't bring you luck, who can??

NoVa Sk8r
02-16-2005, 05:52 PM
I'll do my best! If the Other Woman can't bring you luck, who can??Too true.
And if Public Enemy #1 isn't there (and I expect he won't be), then we can divert our mischief to other endeavors, perhaps? :twisted: :P 8-)

Michigansk8er
02-16-2005, 06:44 PM
I think hubby brought some of this home from a business trip. We greedily ate it standing up at the counter with our hands. I'm not ashamed.

Then we Michigander's on Ice will just have to check it out...........along with anyone else brave enough to join us!!!!! :D Thanks for the link LoopLoop!

LoopLoop
02-17-2005, 08:04 PM
I plan on eating there at LEAST once during AN... but NoVa, I promise to do it AFTER we skate. ;)

NoVa Sk8r
02-17-2005, 08:11 PM
I plan on eating there at LEAST once during AN... but NoVa, I promise to do it AFTER we skate. ;)OK, I'm gonna hold you to that. ;)

Terri C
02-17-2005, 08:28 PM
I won't be there- :cry: I'll be here at home working on those Bronze MIF and FS tests so I can be in Dallas in 2006!!! :)

jazzpants
02-17-2005, 09:18 PM
I won't be there- :cry: I'll be here at home working on those Bronze MIF and FS tests so I can be in Dallas in 2006!!! :)Me too, Terri. Me too!!! WAAAAAH!!!! :cry: Still no word from my primary coach regarding when he thinks I should take the Bronze Moves test next. Probably after I have a few torture session w/secondary coach, I'll know more...

The only good part is that I actually had a couple of good lessons so far with primary coach. He's hopeful now...

Adults Nationals 2006 or BUST!!! :P

Debbie S
02-17-2005, 09:31 PM
Adults Nationals 2006 or BUST!!! :P

Is a "support" group for next year's AN being formed? I had a lesson with my secondary coach tonight and he thinks I'll be ready to test Bronze MIF this summer. So I might be able to make it to Dallas! Actually, I'm going to Nats in St. Louis in January, so I may not be able to take off the time to do AN, but you never know...

SkateGuard
02-17-2005, 10:20 PM
I'll be in KC...it's my third AN's. Same events, same programs as LP (Bronze I and interp I), but hopefully different results. Silly dance partner sprained his ankle after the bronze or silver decision was made, and he's still not ready to go back to dance. He'll be in KC, too, in freestyle....Champ Gold Men, Gold I, and Masters interp I. Must be nice to have only four men at Mids....

nja
02-18-2005, 10:01 AM
Skateguard, Sorry to hear you won't be doing dance in KC. When I saw you two skate that one session over the summer, I thought you looked like you were off to a good start. Oh, well, maybe next year!

We'll be in KC again this year, our 11th AN. We are doing both Gold and Championship Dance this year. First time we've done two dance events at the same competition and since each one has two rounds, we'll be competing every single day! Hopefully we won't get danced out!

SkateGuard
02-19-2005, 01:42 PM
Skateguard, Sorry to hear you won't be doing dance in KC. When I saw you two skate that one session over the summer, I thought you looked like you were off to a good start. Oh, well, maybe next year!

We'll be in KC again this year, our 11th AN. We are doing both Gold and Championship Dance this year. First time we've done two dance events at the same competition and since each one has two rounds, we'll be competing every single day! Hopefully we won't get danced out!

:frus: Yeah, something about not being allowed to skate up at Mids and not getting the tests passed. However, he thinks landing axels on a healing ankle is better than dance. I'm now working in his state (flying back and forth every week), and we haven't danced together yet; he's so focused on freestyle and Champ Gold. I'm trying and hoping we get this together before my job sends me to upper Mongolia......

Hey, you two will be in Colorado, right? :D

nja
02-19-2005, 09:14 PM
Yes, we'll be there! No bye for us. Is your coach and the rest of the gang going also?

Slightly off-topic, but are you going to be doing the pre-AN exhibition at Skokie, like last year?

SkateGuard
02-20-2005, 12:24 PM
Yes. We'll all be in Colorado...and at the AN exhibition in Skokie. :)

And then we're going to KC...good thing for $101 airfare from ORD...

TimDavidSkate
03-08-2005, 09:19 PM
The Bronze men class 1 is being combined with class 2.
(Unfortunately I was the only one in class 1)

In total there will be 6 Bronze men :D

pedonskates
03-09-2005, 11:07 AM
I'm new to this board and have been lurking for a while.
I'll be entering Masters Novice I - Music from Monsters, Inc- and Masters Interp I.
I look forward to seeing some really great skating in KC.

Brenda aka Pedonskates