View Full Version : Risport Boots

Magz
01-19-2005, 04:08 PM
Hi! Well I'm about due for new boots so I was wondering what people thought of Risports? What kind of foot shape do they fit (narrow...wide)? And which model would you suggest for someone starting to land 2 salchows, 2 toes and 2 loops consistantly? Any other boots you'd suggest for me?

Thanks

TashaKat
01-20-2005, 02:37 AM
Have you used Risports before?

The models have changed since I used them so may be better now but I hate, loathe and detest the damn things.

I found them too narrow in the forefoot but not correspondingly narrow in the heel. I ended up with a burst blood vessel in my foot because of them AND an extra ankle bone bump (looked like I'd got two ankle bones side by side).

It wasn't as if they were particularly stiff, I managed to kill a pair of Super Diamants (the 'top' level boot in their range at that time) in under 6 months and I was only doing singles.

Unfortunately I have absolutely nothing good to say about them, sorry!

At your level you could look at Harlicks (love them, the only boot that hasn't killed my feet and I've been through a few), Klingbeils, SP Teri. They're all very good boots and have a very good following.

NickiT
01-20-2005, 02:40 AM
I had Risports to start with but switched because they are very much designed for a narrow foot. I actually found I was wearing boots two sizes too large, because I was compensating for the narrowness of the boot. I quite liked them when I had them, but then I was fitted with Gams and the Gams are so much better than the Risport boots. I guess it depends on your foot shape, but as Tashakat has already said, they have changed recently so they may be a better shape now.

Nicki

florence
01-20-2005, 01:56 PM
Hi..
I personally like Risport..

Risport is the most (only) used boots in Italy (I'm Italian..) , I wore Risport Super Cristallo from when I did simple jumps to triple jumps and they always was very nice for me and never had any hurt.. 8-)

I think you should try them to see how they fit you.. because boots are so personal..They are designed for narrow foot like NickiT said before..maybe Super Cristallo was Ok for me because because I have thin/skinny foot..I don't know..

anyway maybe they have some better and newest model ;)

Aussie Willy
01-21-2005, 05:29 AM
Another anti-Risport person here.

My first pair were Risport Super Diamont which I loved. They lasted me for about 6 years and wore really well. But eventually they lost their support and caused me ankle problems (but mainly because they were so broken down).

However I recently replaced my RF2s. I skated in these for 4 years and was in pain constantly on the instep. I have a wide foot so that was basically the problem. But I would never have them again.

Now I have a new pair of Jackson boots. I have skated in these 4 times only and already they feel fantastic. I can skate in them for 2 hours without a problem. The Risports I was constantly taking them on and off to relieve the pain.

So I like the Jacksons and a lot of people at my rink are getting into them and finding them great. They make a good wide fitting boot and they are heat mouldable which is an advantage.

Sorry I cannot be more positive about the Risport but they have not been good. And a few other people I know have found them disappointing too. Only those with a narrow foot seem to have success with them.

russiet
01-21-2005, 07:32 AM
...I like the Jacksons and a lot of people at my rink are getting into them and finding them great. They make a good wide fitting boot and they are heat mouldable which is an advantage...

Yeah, the Jackson heat mouldable feature is great. I have a narrow, low volume foot EXCEPT the knuckle of my little toe is prominent. I am fit to a narrow size and have my boots punched out at that spot. I believe from the Elites model on up, Jackson skates come in 3 widths.

CanAmSk8ter
01-21-2005, 08:04 AM
Well I actually loved my Risports. I have a pretty wide foot, so mine were a C width, and they were great on me, no blisters from them ever. The only time I ever had problems with them was when they started to stretch out after I had had them for a couple of years. I don't wear them anymore because I lost a lot of weight and the shape of my foot changed a lot, but when they were working for me I swore I'd never wear anything else.

Bottom line, go to a knowledgeable fitter and see what they think will work best for you.