View Full Version : skating in montreal??

skatemex
01-18-2005, 08:42 PM
I may be moving to montreal next fall, to study in the université de montreal, so how is skating there, is it very expensive?, I live in mexico city paying around $160 us dollars for each months with 2 private lessons(taken in public ice). I can do up to lutz-loop combo and back camel, camel sit, and I'm 23 years old male.
If anybody can share tips and info I will appreciate it as skating is only a hobby for me(though I love it), the cheaper the better beacuse I really have a very limited budget. thanks!

jp1andOnly
01-18-2005, 09:03 PM
Basically you will pay for ice time at a club. For an hour session for the winter season it might cost a couple hundred dollars. This day might last for about 20+ weeks. And then you have to pay a coach if you want private lessons. Coaches are about 10 dollars for 15 min.

Check out the skate canada website and then go under sections and check out the quebec section website. Usually they will have a list of clubs in the area and then you can contact a club to find out how much it costs

I may be moving to montreal next fall, to study in the université de montreal, so how is skating there, is it very expensive?, I live in mexico city paying around $160 us dollars for each months with 2 private lessons(taken in public ice). I can do up to lutz-loop combo and back camel, camel sit, and I'm 23 years old male.
If anybody can share tips and info I will appreciate it as skating is only a hobby for me(though I love it), the cheaper the better beacuse I really have a very limited budget. thanks!

rinsk
01-19-2005, 08:57 PM
I used to live in the UdeM area when I was in Montreal. There are a few clubs relatively near-by as well as a rink that has some daytime ice that would be easily accessable (though they restrict who's on the ice when they are not in a lesson).

Might be easier to message me directly if you want more details (I think it would be easy to get some decent skating and lesson time within your current budget).