View Full Version : my skating photos

kayskate
01-17-2005, 07:27 AM
I have added two new sets of photos to my web site. One is skating on an outdoor speed oval over the holidays. The second set was taken last winter on a pond in a park.

View them at
www.skatejournal.com/gallery.html

Kay

Casey
01-17-2005, 12:16 PM
Neat - I'd never seen a speed oval before, I wondered what they looked like. And natural ice sounds like great fun, though I've heard it's hard on the blades. I read the first portion of your book the other day, and realized a similarity when you had an upsetting day and found yourself driving to Atlanta to go skating. I've had days like that, and even if I have to drive an hour each way just to get there in time to skate for 30 minutes, I'll sometimes do it. Seems we can find peace of mind when skating, whereas my roomate (a former skater, still very good), cannot understand this as he doesn't really love the sport (started because his parents made him and kept it up for a number of years just because).

kayskate
01-17-2005, 04:59 PM
I read the first portion of your book the other day, and realized a similarity when you had an upsetting day and found yourself driving to Atlanta to go skating. I've had days like that, and even if I have to drive an hour each way just to get there in time to skate for 30 minutes, I'll sometimes do it.

I have often driven to a rink to escape from things that are bothering me. I find skating very relaxing. It is cheaper than therapy!

BTW, the novel is just a novel. It is not an autobio. I never drove to Atlanta to skate. Sure, i have drawn upon some of my own experiences or those of people I have known, but the story cannot be considered fact.

Kay

Casey
01-17-2005, 06:09 PM
BTW, the novel is just a novel. It is not an autobio.
Oh! Well it's well done then - rather convincing! Keep it up!