View Full Version : What level are you skating on?

DressageChica
01-16-2005, 10:20 PM
Hi again! Because I'm new around here I thought it might be fun if I could learn at what level everyone skates. You all seem like a very skating savy crowd!

I guess I could start. When I quit skating I was working on Freestyle 2. After returning from a multiple year hiatus I am now on Freestyle 1 (after only two classes!). Which is not too shabby for me, haha.

Casey
01-16-2005, 10:33 PM
I'm not up to FS1 yet myself, though I hope to be soon. I have all the Gamma skills except for the hockey stop, and all of the Delta skills as well. I haven't managed the 1/2 flip jump yet, but otherwise have everything required for FS1. I still have to do a lot of refining and "cleaning up" though.

Sometimes I feel like I'm getting nowhere because I'm not doing anything new, but then somebody more accomplished will comment on the control I'm visably gaining...

AstarZ41
01-16-2005, 10:46 PM
I'm in Freestyle 5 (learning camel and axel) though our rink doesn't require official testing, so I haven't actually tested FS 5 (or should it be 4, since I'm only learning the FS 5 skills?)

jazzpants
01-16-2005, 11:19 PM
I am at pre-Bronze USFSA. Have been trying to work up to Bronze for the past 3 years and it's frustrating!!! :frus: I hope that I'll pass Bronze Moves this year so I can finally get on learning that lutz I've been putting off for the longest time. But hey, at least I'll have gorgeous (well, at least semi-decent) power and edges when I'm done with this test... :P

Casey
01-16-2005, 11:58 PM
I am at pre-Bronze USFSA. Have been trying to work up to Bronze for the past 3 years and it's frustrating!!! :frus: I hope that I'll pass Bronze Moves this year so I can finally get on learning that lutz I've been putting off for the longest time. But hey, at least I'll have gorgeous (well, at least semi-decent) power and edges when I'm done with this test... :P

Isn't USFSA Bronze equivalent to ISI Freestyle 2? I was *hoping* to accomplish that within a year...I'm probably horribly overambitious. But I wanna be good now, darn it! ;)

TashaKat
01-17-2005, 12:39 AM
I haven't skated for a while due to various circumstances but still don't say that I've given up!

When I broke my wrist (the start of me not skating) I was working on the UK Inter-Silver Compulsories (though I haven't got a clue what that is any more as the UK test system has changed). For that I was doing the European Waltz and 22-Step. I was also going to start work on the OD and Free Dance but again don't know what level that would be.

In Free I have got the whole of the Prelim (Elements, Field Moves and 'Free' (programme)) and was working on Inter-Bronze Elements, Field Moves and Free (again these tests have changed so they're different names and different requirements now).

I had all single jumps up to Lutz and was working on the Axel and doubles. The doubles were closer than the Axel! I landed a 2Flip (a fluke) once much to everyone's surprise but was never able to recreate that moment unfortunately :(

NickiT
01-17-2005, 02:32 AM
I've passed my NISA Level 2 Elements and Free tests, plus also my Inter-Bronze Field Moves Test, so I'm now working for Level 3 and Bronze Field Moves.

Nicki

Mrs Redboots
01-17-2005, 05:36 AM
Tashakat, I don't know if you'd have been credited with a higher level - quite possibly - but these days the European and 22-step are Level 7 Gold, the first of the Gold-level tests.

Husband and I are dancers, and compete at USFSA Adult pre-Bronze level, but in fact are probably not qualified to do so, since neither of us has passed our Level 4 Silver compulsories (the Fiesta Tango and Swing Dance). We both have Level 3 Bronze - Husband by the sweat of his brow, and me because I was credited with it when the system changed (Ha, ha, ha, no WAY was I a level 3 skater then! Now I am, but I certainly wasn't back then). We are working to get the Level 4 dances to test standard, but I don't know whether or not we'll ever test them. Meanwhile Husband has Level 3 Bronze Dance Moves, and I'm credited with Level 2 Bronze. I'd like to get my Level 3 before the system changes (again) next year, but it's a bit dubious; husband wants his Level 4 by then, but that's even more dubious! We are also planning to test our Level 1 Bronze Free Dance in the near future, and maybe Level 2, but neither of us is interested in the Variation/original dance test stream (we decided yesterday!).

CanAmSk8ter
01-17-2005, 07:18 AM
I forget sometimes, after how long I've been skating, how confusing the test levels are to new skaters, but I swear if I lived in the UK I still wouldn't have it figured out!

I'm working on my Pre-Gold dances (my coach assures me that getting the last Silver is "only a formality" at this point, so we've been working more on the Pre-Golds- we just need to pin down a test session where we can both be present to knock off the last Silver;) ) and I'm on my Novice moves, which I think we're going to start working on pretty soon. I've been on kind of a two-year vacation from moves, which has been nice but it's gotta end. I got up to Pre-Juvenile in freestyle before I quit, and was dismayed to find out the other day that I'm not quite all the way around on my axel anymore. (I was bored and had the ice to myself- bad combination). I suppose the dance blades might have something to do with that.

Oh yeah, I also passed my Preliminary Figures in 1994 or 1995, and I'm on a Senior synchro team.

Stormy
01-17-2005, 07:43 AM
I am working on Novice Moves, Adult Gold Moves, Adult Gold Freestyle, and Juvenile Freestyle. I hope to pass all those except Novice Moves this year. I'm on a Junior Classic synchro team.

backspin
01-17-2005, 08:54 AM
Silver dance.

LoopLoop
01-17-2005, 09:09 AM
I've passed adult gold and juvenile MIF and silver FS. I'm working on my double loop (hate the double sal! bad jump!) and rebuilding the consistency of my axel.

In pairs I skate at the silver level.

sue123
01-17-2005, 09:22 AM
when i was a kid, i stopped at juvie, almost intermediate. now, i'm starting all over again. i've only had 2 lessons so far, and while i can't do everything in the lessons, when i practice on my own, it comes back to me. Ironically enough, it was at my own practice session when i did a beautiful waltz jump, another skater even complimented me on it, but when i had to do it in my lesson, i just couldn't seem to get off the ground. if no one watches me, i'm fine.

anyway, i'm not sure what constitutes the different freestyle levels. does anyone maybe have a link that explains all the different moves necessary for FS 1, 2, 3, etc.?

kittie067
01-17-2005, 09:26 AM
im in freestyle 4 working on loops. and i just passed my pre-prelimenary moves and freestyle. does that work? :?:
~kittie

Terri C
01-17-2005, 10:38 AM
Isn't USFSA Bronze equivalent to ISI Freestyle 2? I was *hoping* to accomplish that within a year...I'm probably horribly overambitious. But I wanna be good now, darn it! ;)

No, it's more a equivalent to ISI Freestyle 4- you have to have the toe loop, salchow, waltz/ toe combo( that you'd learn in FS 3) and the sit spin and loop jump are in FS4. Backscratch is FS5 in ISI.
Actually, I'm in the same boat as Jazzpants, been trying to move to Bronze for 4 years now (I've failed the Bronze FS test 4 times and have not been able to try it since the MIF requirement kicked in)

backspin
01-17-2005, 11:04 AM
Cshobe, & others who are interested in the US testing structure:

Here's a link: http://www.sk8stuff.com/m_rules.htm

which lists all the levels & elements for each test. There's an adult list in there too. In the US, you have to pass the Moves in the Field test for any given level before you may test the freeskate. This goes for the adults too--but not for dance. Dancers are not required to test MIF, unless they are going to compete at a qualifying competition. Make sense?

**note these are different than the US or ISI learn to skate levels of Alpha, beta, FS 1, 2, etc.

btw, that's a great site for tons of info in general about skating!

Mel On Ice
01-17-2005, 11:32 AM
I'm working on silver moves, silver free, and freestyles 4 & 5.

Summerkid710
01-17-2005, 12:08 PM
I passed my Bronze dances, Freestyle 6 and Juvenile freestyle 15 years ago. I've been coaching now for six years and I'm now working on Intermediate Moves.

skaternum
01-17-2005, 01:56 PM
Started at age 30. I've passed Adult Silver freeskating and Preliminary moves in the field. I'm currently working on pre-juv moves and trying to learn an axel. (Somebody shoot me, please.)

Shinn-Reika
01-17-2005, 02:14 PM
I think within a couple of weeks I could have all the moves down to pass Freestyle 1/ppf, but as for form and control I have no Idea. I might fail the MITF test before I even get a chance. Of course I have only been admitedly figure skating for less than a year.

jestemkkool
01-17-2005, 03:14 PM
I guess you could say I'm working on USFSA basic skills level 4, but I haven't tested for a while and I haven't gone to group lessons for a while. I am actually working on my axel(in a harness) and my sit spin(but I have my camel). For moves, I've worked on moves up to the intermediate level(in an edge class).
I guess that best way to describe this is...I'm working on pre-preliminary MITF and FS

NCSkater02
01-17-2005, 03:18 PM
I compete in Pre-bronze, but haven't tested yet. My coach is aiming for April. Since the moves sessions are back, it might be realistic for me to aim for it too. :roll: I've worked on all the moves, except that I just started learning the alt 3's last week, and the back edges still need work.

As for FS levels, I'm working on skills in FS 1, 2, and 3. I'm stuck on the scratch spin in 1, but I'm also working on back spin, waltz-side toe hop-waltz, and toe loop from 2, and salchow and lutz from 3, (along with the others) My coaches like to give me lots to work on.

Debbie S
01-17-2005, 04:17 PM
Started skating 3 1/2 years ago at age 29 1/2. I've passed Pre-Bronze MIF and FS and am working on Bronze MIF, the loop and flip, and camel-sit. Backspin is another ongoing (off and on for 2 years) project, but I'm getting closer to 3 revs.

NoVa Sk8r
01-17-2005, 04:23 PM
I've passed thru adult silver FS. To amuse my coach, I'm working on adult gold moves, but I never expect to take (let alone pass) that test. On a similar theme, I'm working on the axel but never really expect to get that jump consistent. The closest I'll come, I expect, is to execute the throw axel.

To avoid working on the axel, I work on the double salchow (hate hate hate the double loop and double toe--heck, single toe, for that manner) and recently, double flip. I may start reworking on the flying reverse sit spin (hate the forward flying sit) soon.
I *hope* to get enough dexterity one day to perform the death drop, but I won't hold my breath.

I also compete in adult silver pairs.

PattyP
01-17-2005, 06:07 PM
USFSA: Adult Gold

ISI: FS 5

flying~camel
01-17-2005, 09:14 PM
I compete at the Adult Bronze level.

I'm working on the Adult Bronze MIF and FS tests (hoping to test this summer), and have passed Adult Pre-Bronze MIF and FS, Preliminary MIF, Preliminary Dance and ISI FS 4.

Chico
01-17-2005, 09:37 PM
I'm all over the "board". =-) I'm strongest in jumping. Trying double loops/flips and salchows. I'm an okay spinner and my moves are improving. I'm sorta lopsided in my skills and my coach is trying hard to balance this out. I have made it a personal goal this year to have fun and be a better rounded package. That, and hold onto those doubles for dear life! =-)

Chico

the old gurl
01-17-2005, 09:52 PM
Working on Jr. Bronze dances (Fiesta, Swing, Willow) and Preliminary Skills -- damn 3 turns! ;)

Freeskate is not yet a part of my daily on-ice vocabulary... :lol:

jazzpants
01-18-2005, 01:57 AM
Isn't USFSA Bronze equivalent to ISI Freestyle 2? I was *hoping* to accomplish that within a year...I'm probably horribly overambitious. But I wanna be good now, darn it! ;)Not really! There's really not much of a parallel in terms of moves, since ISI doesn't really have MITF as much as they have "dance sequences." But if I were to put it at a parallel level to ISI, I would put it somewhere between ISI 3 and 4 actually! :P

Keep in mind that pre-Bronze tests are considered to be "encouragement tests", but starting from Bronze level on, the judges expect more than just being able to do the moves but to do them at a certain level. (i.e. speed, edge quality, extension, etc.) So...definitely NOT the same thing!!! :P (This is why it's taking me more than 2 years to get it to the point where it's getting close to passing level on the Bronze Moves test... that is... if my nerves don't get in the way...) :roll: You will be royally scrutinize from Bronze on up on moves!!! (The higher the level, the more closely the judges will scrutinize those move elements!)

If you find yourself in a situation where you can do all these jumps and spins, but can't get much control out of your basic skating and you WANT to look like you *know* how to skate, then the USFSA track is for you! ISI doesn't really have that much in the way of putting those types of building blocks to perspective in terms of moves... the "in-betweens" of skating.

Just some food for thought...

Mrs Redboots
01-18-2005, 07:53 AM
Working on Jr. Bronze dances (Fiesta, Swing, Willow) and Preliminary Skills -- damn 3 turns! ;)What do you have to do for Preliminary Skills? Our Moves tests (the equivalent) don't have turns in them for the first two levels (first 3 levels, for dancers - they are due to be concatenated at the end of this year, though, so that may change).

I'm interested, though, that the Willow is considered to be on a level with the Fiesta and Swing. When they first changed our test structure, they put the Willow Waltz at Level 4 Silver (in those days called Elementary 2, I think) with the Swing Dance, but when they changed it again a couple of years later, the Fiesta was put in with the Swing Dance :( and the Willow was bumped up not one level, but two, to Level 6 Silver, where it's paired with the 14-step. Level 5 Silver, FYI, is the British Waltz (formerly known as the Prelim waltz) and the Foxtrot.

Someone said this was because the PTB at NISA had all done their dance tests in the days when the test structure was just Novice, Prelim, Bronze, etc, and so they found the Foxtrot really easy and the Willow, which they'd never danced before, really hard! Hmmm - know which I'd rather do. Our Willow is dreadful at the moment, but we are beginning to take it apart and look at each individual element before rebuilding it. And it's a whole lot easier than the Foxtrot, I think. I think.....

the old gurl
01-18-2005, 08:36 AM
What do you have to do for Preliminary Skills? Our Moves tests (the equivalent) don't have turns in them for the first two levels (first 3 levels, for dancers - they are due to be concatenated at the end of this year, though, so that may change).Forward edges on a circle, back edges on a circle (that have a 3-turn to get into them), waltzing mohawks and waltzing 3's. I haven't worked on the waltzing 3's at all so I can't tell you which ones they are except that they're all forward ones.

The Willow has been with the Swing and Fiesta since about 1990 here. Actually, our kids seem to get through it okay; they have way more trouble with the European Waltz (which is grouped with the Ten-Fox and 14-Step). I've learned the Swing -- sorta -- my focus has been the Fiesta until my back edges get stronger. I think I've been through the Willow once -- until I get better with the 3-turn in that, I'm just gonna keep working on the Fiesta.

At the start of the year, my goal was to test all 3 dances and the Skills by the end of March -- don't think that's gonna happen...

jenlyon60
01-18-2005, 08:59 AM
I'm working on Tango, which will be the first of my USFS Silver dances to be tested (fingers crossed, knock on wood) at the end of February.

I've competed American Waltz, Blues and Paso before, with not much success.

Occasionally I work on Adult Bronze MIF.

When I first started testing Dance with USFS(A), there was no Pre-Bronze test level, and Swing Dance (US tempo) was a Preliminary dance. Then they added the Pre-Bronze test level, and maybe re-arranged things once. Right now, Swing Dance is sandwiched with the Fiesta and the Cha-Cha at Pre-Bronze, and Bronze is Hickory Hoedown, Willow and 10Fox.

The only other recent change (other than adding Midnight Blues at International) is that USFS pushed Starlight Waltz down from International to Pre-Gold, so that now we have 4 Pre-Gold dances (Killian, Blues, Paso and Starlight).

the old gurl
01-18-2005, 10:17 AM
The only other recent change (other than adding Midnight Blues at International) is that USFS pushed Starlight Waltz down from International to Pre-Gold, so that now we have 4 Pre-Gold dances (Killian, Blues, Paso and Starlight).Those are Skate Canada's Sr. Silver dances, along with the Cha Cha Congelado which was added to the group about 4 years ago.

At one time the Swing was a Prelim dance, but they introduced the Baby Blues into Prelim in about 1990 and put the Swing into Jr. Bronze. I guess our Diamonds would be closest to USFS Internationals (Rhumba, Romantica, Yankee Polka, Ravnsberger Waltz, Golden and Austrian Waltzes). The Silver Samba was added to the Gold dances (West, Quick, Viennese and Argentine) at the same time the Cha Cha was added to the Sr. Silvers.

Mrs Redboots
01-18-2005, 02:50 PM
Forward edges on a circle, back edges on a circle (that have a 3-turn to get into them), waltzing mohawks and waltzing 3's. I haven't worked on the waltzing 3's at all so I can't tell you which ones they are except that they're all forward ones.Thanks.

At the start of the year, my goal was to test all 3 dances and the Skills by the end of March -- don't think that's gonna happen...Do you have to test all the dances at once, as we do, or can you test them one at a time, as in the USA?

flo
01-18-2005, 02:54 PM
passed adult silver and juvenile pairs, so compete adult silver and gold pairs.

Loops - as you have passed Gold fs, don't you two have to compete gold pairs?

LoopLoop
01-18-2005, 03:07 PM
Loops - as you have passed Gold fs, don't you two have to compete gold pairs?

Gold FS, in my dreams! No, I've passed gold MIF but silver FS, so we're squarely in silver pairs.

flo
01-18-2005, 03:11 PM
oops - I misread. I'm sure it's just a matter of time - and perhaps a few bruises.

starskate6.0
01-18-2005, 03:43 PM
Adult gold Free ,, .. first time at this level, we will see what happens :??
but Im sure looking forward to it... :D

flippet
01-18-2005, 04:46 PM
When I stopped doing much skating three years ago, I was in FS3. I imagine I'd be around FS1 if I were to start again, but I don't think it would take long to get back to FS3 and beyond.

daisies
01-18-2005, 07:30 PM
I'm kinda not working on a level. I was doing ice dance and was working on a couple of pre-Golds -- the Startlight Waltz and the Blues. But then I got bored dancing, since I don't have a partner, and decided to work on a FS program instead. I passed my Novice FS as a kid, and there's no way on God's green earth I will ever pass my Junior FS, so I'm not even going to try to work on that test. :frus: :giveup: I've also already finished the Moves and Figure tests. I guess I could take up Pairs, but I'd rather not ever be thrown or lifted, thank you! :lol:

So, given all that, my levels are and always will be Masters Junior and Masters Interp. 8-)

Skate@Delaware
01-18-2005, 07:55 PM
I just started last year--won't test until next year. Right now I am at Adult 3/4 (held up at 3-turns and mohawks, (stuck on left side :oops: ) but can do some stuff at FS 1-2.

I will be 43 soon (real, real soon) 8O

Michigansk8er
01-18-2005, 08:02 PM
Adult Silver and staying there. I was working on Gold moves to humor my coach too..............but have given it up in favor of dance. I'm working on the Hickory & Willow right now.

the old gurl
01-18-2005, 09:07 PM
Thanks.

Do you have to test all the dances at once, as we do, or can you test them one at a time, as in the USA?I can do them one at a time, but because of work, I'd like to test as much as possible in one day -- preferably on a day where it's a professional development/staff meeting day and I can sneak in really early and still be at work by about 9 a.m. All the parts of the Skills tests have to be tried in the same day. It used to be both the elements and program parts of freeskate tests had to be attempted in the first go, but that's changed now too.

the old gurl
01-18-2005, 09:08 PM
I just started last year--won't test until next year. Right now I am at Adult 3/4 (held up at 3-turns and mohawks, (stuck on left side :oops: ) but can do some stuff at FS 1-2.

I will be 43 soon (real, real soon) 8OI just started last year too -- at the age of 44. Yay for the olde fartes! :D

Hannahclear
01-18-2005, 09:16 PM
I've competed as an Adult Bronze skater, but I am currently working on both prebronze and bronze MITF and FS. I am not quite old enough to even test adult yet.

I passed pre-pre MITF and FS back in high school. I started at about 15, then quit my senior year in HS and took it up again my senior year of college. Now, after about a year hiatus, I have a car, so I have rink access.

starskate6.0
01-19-2005, 07:54 PM
I just started last year too -- at the age of 44. Yay for the olde fartes! :D

Older is better, The skating and the people get better with age, Im 45 ;)
and still busting my butt trying new things
"and loving it. "

( "Maxwell Smart ")

" The greatest risk in life is not taking one" :D

luna_skater
01-19-2005, 10:29 PM
Well, I don't compete on my own, but in synchro I skate Adult Festival. The highest level of synchro I skated was senior competitive, for four years a number of years ago.

I do test, though. I passed my gold dances last year and am working on my gold skills.

pennybeagle
01-19-2005, 11:51 PM
MITF: Tested through adult silver and standard prelim (hope to go back to standard track once I'm done with the adult gold). Hope to test gold after nationals.

FS: passed silver a few months ago.

Dance: Have learned the patterns through pre-silver, and have learned the partnering through bronze. Now, if I could just find the time to polish them and test them...

triple twist
01-20-2005, 11:48 PM
i skate junior dance by canadas standards.

iskatealot
01-26-2005, 07:39 PM
Forward edges on a circle, back edges on a circle (that have a 3-turn to get into them), waltzing mohawks and waltzing 3's. I haven't worked on the waltzing 3's at all so I can't tell you which ones they are except that they're all forward ones.

The Willow has been with the Swing and Fiesta since about 1990 here. Actually, our kids seem to get through it okay; they have way more trouble with the European Waltz (which is grouped with the Ten-Fox and 14-Step). I've learned the Swing -- sorta -- my focus has been the Fiesta until my back edges get stronger. I think I've been through the Willow once -- until I get better with the 3-turn in that, I'm just gonna keep working on the Fiesta.

At the start of the year, my goal was to test all 3 dances and the Skills by the end of March -- don't think that's gonna happen...

SO Im guessing you are Canadian because I did the same dances on that level.......and Im now on the European(was supposed 2 test it but they CANCELLED!!! :evil: ) Im on sr. Bronze dances until next test day......Jr. Silver Skills (LOOPS) and Sr. Bronze freeskate (axel dbl toe, sall, loop, flip)

the old gurl
01-26-2005, 10:20 PM
SO Im guessing you are Canadian because I did the same dances on that level.......I am...been watching daughter skate for 16 years -- now it's my turn...;)

florence
01-27-2005, 05:03 AM
I used to compete as a Novice (the category before junior..I don't know if it's the same in usa.. :D ) in italy but now I stopped..
Do you know in which level I should be in USA if I was still skating? I'm curious!
I just read all you comments and it seems so complicated! :roll:

slusher
01-27-2005, 06:23 PM
I'm on Jr Bronze dance (Canada), working on the Willow Waltz to test standard, (to test in March) the last one for me of the three in the set. I know quite a few dances at a higher level, but they're not clean, I tend to two foot any three turn as a bad habit although my outside mohawks are snappy. Er, my Killian is with a chock-mow, I can't do that crossed choctaw for the life of me, even at slow motion.

I can't figure out freeskate levels either. I can do up to a loop and sitspin, that isn't enough for the Canadian preliminary freeskate test, which wants a flip. Therefore, I'm pre-preliminary.

iskatealot
01-27-2005, 07:58 PM
yep but u dont want 2 test up yet.....Im a sr bronze which means I compete as a jr bronze and most kids at my level can land most of their dbls........when I was jr bronze (meaning I skated as a preliminary) most people were working on axels.........

techskater
01-27-2005, 09:34 PM
Passed Adult Gold FS. Working on Intermediate MIF and FS tests

Mrs Redboots
01-28-2005, 02:25 AM
Er, my Killian is with a chock-mow, I can't do that crossed choctaw for the life of me, even at slow motion.I have absolutely no interest in actually dancing the Killian - I'm not stupid - but that crossed choctaw isn't as bad as it looks. We were shown how to do it by a senior skater last month, and the secret is to use your shoulders. Start with an RFO edge, then do a LFI cross-behind so that your free foot is in the right place as you go into the choctaw, and, as you put your right foot down, bring your shoulders round hard to get you in the right place. It isn't easy. My coach laughed when I showed him my pathetic effort and said "Keep practising that - I want you to challenge yourself more!" But I haven't. Maybe I will this afternoon.

uncfigsktr
01-28-2005, 08:40 AM
MITF - passed juv moves and working on Intermediate moves

FS - passed Adult Silver FS and Preliminary FS - working on getting the axel, double salcow and double loop

figure_skater
01-29-2005, 08:07 PM
freestyle 4/5

working on camel, layback and backspins
making flip and loop consistant
working on lutz

NYC
01-31-2005, 10:56 PM
I'm a novice skater. I got the double axel recently so hopefully I can get my junior test in. I passed all my skills....finally! And I only have 2 gold dances lefted that I'm soon to get rid of.

fadedstardust
02-01-2005, 09:37 AM
I'm Novice as well, passing my Junior free sometime before the summer, probably, and competing some this summer to see how it goes. I'm working on getting over a long-term injury, and I recently re-injured it just when I thought I was in the clear. I pretty much hate my body for constantly breaking down. Hah.

NYC
02-01-2005, 12:42 PM
Yeah, I just recovered from a long term injury. I tried jumping yesterday and it was not good at all.

It sucks.

fadedstardust
02-02-2005, 12:36 AM
Here is to you and I getting healthy, NYC! (hey, that rhymes...)

NYC
02-03-2005, 07:42 PM
ahahaha good job :o

Figureskates
02-04-2005, 05:57 AM
I am working on:

PM
FS1
Pre-figures and Figures 1

I will probably lead more toward the figures as I will be 59 next month
and my jumping days maybe coming to end as arthritis is beginning to settle in the knee of my landing leg.

Perry
02-04-2005, 06:54 PM
Senior FS
International Dances

falling_rain
02-05-2005, 07:25 AM
isi freestyle 4 to 5ish, though i've only ever passed fs 2 (don't ask.). i can't do a good backscratch and my camel doesn't have enough rounds plus i don't have that ever elusive axel. sigh.

luckeylasvegas
02-07-2005, 02:25 AM
My daughter who just turned 8 is testing out of FS3 if she can get her change foot spin down. I'm not sure what level that puts her in for USFSA as her rink only does ISI .

Luckey
I hope you don't mind a proud mom pirate-ing your post. ;)

coskater64
02-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Passed Gold FS and Juv FS
Passed Novice FM
passed 2nd figure in ice age
Testing Bronze dances this month ;-)

Hann
02-07-2005, 05:31 PM
to be honest, i have no idea what leave im at.. i mean like, i know im working towards my passport in academy.. not that helpful really. im learning the loop though... well kinda, im learning the flip and lutz. but like, me and my coach dont like really talk about exams and levels, we just seem to work through the stuff. but like, she knows i dont like taking them, and yeah.. so its more my fault than hers.

Hann

twokidsskatemom
02-07-2005, 09:47 PM
my dd is working on fs 2 isi and her pre pre test.
me, I just try to stand up and not fall :)