View Full Version : Free 11" John Wilson Majestics...

Casey
01-13-2005, 05:42 PM
Okay, the dear old Klingbeils are just too broken down, especially in the heal and sole of the boot, plus they needed a longer blade, and have a mildew problem on the bottom that I've been continually battling, so they're hitting the trash.

However, that leaves me with a pair of 11" John Wilson Majestic blades. They have been well-used, and only have a few sharpenings left in them. However they're probably fine for another few months, at the least. If anybody has boots that measure 11" from heel to toe (probably most size 9.5 boots) and needs some blades for a little while, these are yours, free for the taking! I hate to just toss them in the garbage...

flo
01-14-2005, 09:31 AM
Hi,
If no one claims them....
Good uses for old blades:

-I have one mounted on the back of my bathroom door - toe pick up. I hang the season's medals there before they get marked with the event, framed or go live with the other ones. It's also a good place to hang clothes for the day.

I have the smallest blade made mounted on my front Dutch (Mr. Ed) door, and used for a door knocker. The strike plate is a silver medal.

One in the back yard to wrap the hose.

I've seen them as door pulls and handles (file down the sharp edges 8O ).

Put two on blocks of wood for bookends.

One in the cat room with swating toys hung from it. (My cats have their own room - a narrow room between the back of the house and the deck).

......tons more!

nerd_on_ice
01-14-2005, 01:00 PM
Good uses for old blades

flo, I love these ideas! I've been wondering what was the skating equivalent of hanging your first pair of pointe shoes on the wall. :D

Mrs Redboots
01-15-2005, 05:27 AM
I attached one of my husband's first blades (he inherited my Coronation Aces when I went to Team Precision) to an old shoe of his, which was fixed on to a drainpipe and used as the "extra leg" in "Jake the Peg".

Casey
01-16-2005, 02:51 PM
I think I will just keep the old blades as a momento. They have a bit of rust, but I should be able to treat them with something so that they will store without rusting.

My new blades have a couple small rust patches near the welding to the sole plate - they arrived that way. It's a bit disappointing...but I'm sure they will still work fine.

Thin-Ice
01-18-2005, 03:11 AM
If you decide your old blades would be better used on ice.. even if just for a few more months, rather than as a decoration, you could donate them to Figure Skating of Harlem. This organization provides skating classes and ice time to girls through high-school age in Harlem... but to participate the skaters are also required to maintain good grades. There are also tutors to help them with schoolwork so they can keep up their grades. Several big name competitors are among the sponsors of FSH (Rudy Galindo and Sarah Hughes in the last couple of years) and the girls perform at least two shows each year.

You can contact Figure Skating of Harlem at 646-698-3440, or check the website at "figureskatinginharlem.org". If you're in the US, you can also get a tax deduction for your donation. :D

I send all my older-but-still usable boots and blades there (as well as practice dresses and costumes I no longer want to the group).