View Full Version : Stolen Skates (not mine)

dbny
01-13-2005, 10:44 AM
One of the coaches I work with arrived at the rink yesterday to find that her skates were gone. The bag she kept them in was in the lost & found. She leaves her skates in the skating school office and was at the rink last on Sunday. She thinks she might have left them on a bench Sunday and some rat took the skates and left the bag! I was able to get hold of a pair of gently used Riedell Gold Stars just a tad too short for her, and Coronation Aces that fit them, so she is getting them stretched tonight and hoping that will do the trick. The worst thing is that she is a young woman who doesn't have a steady job and is not prepared to buy new boots/blades.

If anyone has an old pair of Riedells, size 8AA, that are not broken down, and would like to donate them or sell them for very little, please PM me.

Edited to change the size of the boot and to add that none of the boots I came up with could be stretched enough for her.

dbny
01-13-2005, 07:26 PM
Update: My friend just ordered Riedell Gold Stars on clearance from Rainbo, and can use the Cor Aces with them. Unfortunately she won't get them until Tuesday.

starskate6.0
01-13-2005, 08:50 PM
Hi dbny

I was shocked by your story and Im sure that the rat wont have much use for professional pair of skates without being spotted. Its a little to obvious. :?? However, I am alway's willing to help out an adult skater and would like to offer some funds to help your coach out of a jam to buy a new pair of skates.

I can't afford to whole thing but I would like to help you out with some of the cost. Let me know if I can help. 8-)

dbny
01-13-2005, 09:58 PM
Hi dbny

I was shocked by your story and Im sure that the rat wont have much use for professional pair of skates without being spotted. Its a little to obvious. :?? However, I am alway's willing to help out an adult skater and would like to offer some funds to help your coach out of a jam to buy a new pair of skates.

I can't afford to whole thing but I would like to help you out with some of the cost. Let me know if I can help. 8-)

That's a wonderful offer, but I'm not sure how she would take it. Any ideas of how I might broach it to her? So far as I know, she is unaware of this board.

Mrs Redboots
01-14-2005, 06:19 AM
You could just say you mentioned it to your on-line skating group, in disgust that anybody could be so low as to do such a thing, and they spontaneously organised a whip-round for her! Which is true....

dbny
01-14-2005, 10:14 AM
Hi dbny

I just spoke with my coach friend, and she would be most grateful to accept any help offered! I will PM you with details.

Mrs. Redboots - thank you for the encouragement!