View Full Version : I need some help with loops

iskatealot
01-12-2005, 09:51 PM
the loops I need help with are the skills loops I can do the Right inside and left outside but not the right outside or left inside......does any have any tips for doing this???

AstarZ41
01-13-2005, 06:51 AM
:?: do you mean three turns?

Mrs Redboots
01-13-2005, 08:40 AM
No, she means loops - you move on the ice such that your skating foot draws a loop, then you change feet and do it with the other foot! I don't think it's part of our Moves programme, but my coach makes his higher-level skaters do it ("Anything to get them more flow and using their edges more!").

For BI loops - which are the only ones I can sort-of do - I know you must keep your free foot over your skate. I expect, if you're having trouble with one foot, your balance isn't quite the same - make sure you're bending that knee as much as you are the other knee. Or, conversely, that you're getting as much lift in the knee when you need it (I had that problem on another move the other day).

AstarZ41
01-13-2005, 12:01 PM
Ohh! Ok, I think I know what you're talking about. I guess I've done the BI ones without knowing it. ;)

iskatealot
01-13-2005, 09:47 PM
yes there are rather difficult...not exactly sure what Im doing wrong.....what is confusing me is that on each foot I can do 1 edge and not the other....and one foot its the outside edge and the other is inside edge
if anyone does have any more tips for this it would be wonderful and Ps. MrsRedboots you are so lucky that this skill is not part of your program!! This is the jr silver level in canada and not the most fun skill though I still think I prefer them to brackets

Casey
01-14-2005, 02:07 AM
what is confusing me is that on each foot I can do 1 edge and not the other....and one foot its the outside edge and the other is inside edge
I developed the same problem, from almost always going CCW around the rink. Whenever there's an uncrowded session now I focus on CW, and sometimes even when it's crowded I do it carefully...practice makes perfect :)