View Full Version : I need 2 rant as well!!

iskatealot
01-12-2005, 04:58 PM
So I was at the rink and we were all already ticked off cause as far as we knew our new dance coach wasnt going 2 start until test day. so our first skate with him was going 2 be when we tested.

Now however he cannot come until teh day AFTER test day. THere are no other dance coaches availible. The little kids will all be testing with one of our coaches as their partner, my coach however , will not let my friend and I test with this coach as we are testing the european which is a difficult dance 2 partner with an increadibly short coach. So unless you can test the european without a partner we will have to wait until next test day which is a month and a half away, I have been waiting to test this dance for quite some time because at our rink it is very difficult to practice. most of the other dances are a much smaller pattern and a fair bit faster because every one is either skating the sr. silver dances or the pre preliminary dances (not fast just in our way) and also because it is my last low test dance (meaning that since Im done all my low skills I will have only 1 freeskate test left before Im done all my low tests)

I should explain that our new dance coach will be our 8th in the last 2 years. Our most recent coach just had knee surgery and wont be back to coach us until september. Most of us have done our dances with 2 partners now.

Thanks, I just needed 2 rant a bit because only about 4 of my friends care about our test or skating in general

Mrs Redboots
01-13-2005, 08:27 AM
Oh, poor you - that really is the pits!

I take it there aren't any higher-level male dancers who could be bribed, bludgeoned or blackmailed into steering you & your friend through your tests? And presumably you've geared this to testing with a partner, so solo isn't an option for you?

All the same, having said that, look on the bright side - you'll have plenty of chance to practice with the new coach before the next test session!

iskatealot
01-13-2005, 09:40 PM
Unfortunatly there is only 1 male skater in our club who dances 2 levels below me. And my coach has checked the rule book, the European is not one of the dances that can be skated solo. The partners from nearby clubs are all busy and my only male skating friends who I have tested with in other clubs are writing exams