View Full Version : Adult competition in England?

mdvask8r
01-09-2005, 01:27 PM
I seem to remember there was an (annual??) adult competition in England (near Cambridge?) last Spring or Summer. Can anyone fill me in or provide a link for information.
Thanks!

NickiT
01-09-2005, 03:05 PM
Our rink runs an annual Adult Open competition in June. I'm not sure if that's what you are referring too as we are some miles from Cambridge, but there are very few adult competitions in the UK and this is one of them! Our club's website is www.bracknell-ice-skating-club.co.uk and in due course the information will be added under the competitions section.

Nicki

TashaKat
01-09-2005, 03:27 PM
and it's a fantastic competition :) Even if it isn't the one that you're referring to it's well worth going, there's such a wonderful atmosphere, competitive but friendly with it :)

mdvask8r
01-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Thanks so much. I'm not sure if this is the one I saw before, but it sounds great. I'll be watching for the announcement. Are U.S. skaters allowed to enter?

NoVa Sk8r
01-09-2005, 06:23 PM
Is this the one you were referring to?:
http://usfsa.org/event_details.asp?id=27822

mdvask8r
01-09-2005, 07:07 PM
That looks more like the one I read about last year. I'll check into them both. Thanks!!

NickiT
01-10-2005, 03:37 AM
Thanks so much. I'm not sure if this is the one I saw before, but it sounds great. I'll be watching for the announcement. Are U.S. skaters allowed to enter?

I'm not sure whether US skaters are able to enter. I do know that you have to be a member of NISA to enter and therefore assume it doesn't matter where you come from as long as you fit that criteria.

Nicki

Nicki

Mrs Redboots
01-10-2005, 10:50 AM
The World Ice Dance challenge is purely recreational, and open to any or all skaters - there is no requirement to be a member of any national organisation. The announcement is already available for this summer, e-mail the organiser for details (I thought I had the link, but I don't; I do have the details somewhere, though). If you are planning to come, do let me know - we usually go when it's in the UK, but have only been once when it was abroad (it is held in the UK every other year). Might even be able to put you up for a night or two.

In fact, I have rather a soft spot for it, as it was the first competition Husband and I ever entered as a couple! Needless to say, we didn't get anywhere, but it was fun trying, although I had a filthy cold and was doped to the eyeballs, rather thankful that it was a recreational competition so I could!

Other competitions do require you to be a member of NISA, but there is no stringent screening process - you just need to send them your money!

Mrs Redboots
01-18-2005, 07:58 AM
I've just found the web-site that has the details on it:

http://www.members.aol.com/icedancehome/WIC2005.htm

I expect we'll be there - haven't got that far, yet.....