View Full Version : AN Lodging question

Michigansk8er
01-06-2005, 05:03 PM
Is anyone familiar with the Chase Suite Hotel? Sk8er1964 found it online, but we don't want to reserve if it's a total dump.

Thanks!

Raine
01-08-2005, 01:59 PM
Hi, I thought I'd bump up this important topic. :)

It looks like the Chase Suite is in Kansas City, MO. I've never been to the area, so I can't be much help. :) I'm interested in the Sheraton OP, but have no idea about proximity to Pepsi Ice Midwest, shopping malls and restaurants, and what the traffic is like.

Can anyone from the Greater KC area offer an opinion on these and other hotels, plus info on their proximity to Pepsi Ice and amenities?

Thanks a bunch,
Raine

Michigansk8er
01-08-2005, 04:15 PM
It looks like the Chase Suite is in Kansas City, MO.

Actually, it's in Overland Park - 6300 West 110th Street. Anyone familiar with the area?

Thanks!

techskater
01-08-2005, 08:47 PM
Don't know that hotel, sorry. Everything in Overland Park needs to be driven to though

Mrs Redboots
01-09-2005, 06:40 AM
Husband has been to Overland Park, and stayed in the Doubletree Hotel & in a Marriott Courtyard, both of which he said were okay. But definitely not budget hotels - he was not paying his own bills!

Carleenp
01-11-2005, 03:51 PM
I'm not in KC, but I live a few hours away and have been there often.

I am not familiar with the hotel, but Overland Park is a good neighborhood, so I wouldn't worry a ton about hotels there. Likely anything will be OK there. The Pepsi arena is also in Overland Park if I remember right. However, you should expect to have to drive from just about anywhere since the area is a suburb and rather spread out.

Two nice (but also expensive) hotels are the Hyatt and the Westin Crowne Center. Both are in the Crowne Center area with restaurants and shops. The Sheridan I believe is downtown and is also nice, but lacks a close restaurant and the neighborhood is not great at night.

Another good hotel area is the County Club area. I stayed at a cheap, but decent, Best Western there once and again, there are pleanty of restaurants and such nearby. That is getting to be a further drive though.

starskate6.0
01-11-2005, 07:21 PM
Husband has been to Overland Park, and stayed in the Doubletree Hotel & in a Marriott Courtyard, both of which he said were okay. But definitely not budget hotels - he was not paying his own bills!

Ill be staying at the courtyard marriot during the event and Ill have my car, Im driving to KS. If any one needs a lift to the rink and Im going that way or back to the hotel, feel free to ask, Im happy to help. :D