View Full Version : Best over-the-boot tights?

daisies
01-06-2005, 04:28 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I need to get over-the-boot tights for competition to hide the Bunga Pad thing that I wear now. Which are the best? I see some have velcro at the bottom, some have hooks, some just are elastic. The just-elastic ones seem the easiest, but do they stay over the boot, or do they slip up a lot? Also, I need the most realistic pale skin color possible. "Suntan" makes me look like they stuck my torso on someone else's legs. LOL!

TIA!

vesperholly
01-06-2005, 04:34 PM
I like the Capezio ones with hooks on the bottoms. They are made of a thinner, slippery type of material that looks nice for competitions, and are a different tone than Suntan (not as warm). They tend to run easily but if you're careful and it's only for competitions, it shouldn't be a problem. The velcro tends to stick onto the tights and gets them fuzzy when you pull it off.

TashaKat
01-06-2005, 06:25 PM
If you're going for the 'competition grade' (thinner) tights I think that it's the Danksin ones that I like .... if not it's the Capezio (though I don't like their tights normally). If you're going for the woolier version then I like the Mondor.

I prefer velcro and will discard the hooks and sew on velcro if necessary. You DO have to be careful as it will rip the thinner tights but I just don't like hooks, don't know why, I just don't. I've seen far too many skaters with the OTB bit riding up to reveal half a skate not to have SOME form of fastening.

AstarZ41
01-06-2005, 06:34 PM
I would recommend Danskin and Capezio too. They have the smoother type tights, as opposed to the "sweater knit" warmer kind. And Capezio has the most natural colors IMO.

I like hooks but you have to make sure they're sewn on tightly so that they don't fall off. I usually add a couple stitches just in case when I get new tights.

skaternum
01-06-2005, 07:57 PM
I like Capezio's otb tights. They're the only ones that seem to fit my "skaters legs."

NickiT
01-07-2005, 08:14 AM
I use the Danskin OTB tights. They come with a hook and eye for each foot that you can sew on if you want. However I've never needed to use the hook and eye as the elastic is strong enough to hold the tights in place over the boots.

Nicki

vintagefreak
01-07-2005, 09:05 AM
I love Mondor over the boot tights and love them. They're durable and I've never had a problem with them riding up. I order them a bit bigger than I need though.

daisies
02-05-2005, 06:43 PM
I needed to resurrect this thread because now I am wondering if anyone has tried GK-Elite's OTB tights? I tried the Capezio, and though I liked how they looked, the hook/eye thing is too difficult for me to do alone; I always need someone else to do it for me!

Thanks!