View Full Version : Music Suggestions

_back_layback_
01-01-2005, 03:26 PM
Does anybody know any good swing or jazz-y type pieces of music that can be used for a program? Thanks in advance. :)

techskater
01-01-2005, 08:17 PM
Anything from the Glenn Miller Orchestra

Skatingsarah
01-01-2005, 09:27 PM
I'll just name some of the top of my head, I'll think of some more!
-Take Five
-Caberat (really fun)
-Brian Setzer (sp?) orchestra - good swing music if you can find some of the instrumentals
- Skyliner by Charlie Barnett is an unbeat jazzy peice too
Thats all I can think of right now!

Debbie S
01-01-2005, 10:03 PM
I'll just name some of the top of my head, I'll think of some more!
-Take Five
-Caberat (really fun)
-Brian Setzer (sp?) orchestra - good swing music if you can find some of the instrumentals
- Skyliner by Charlie Barnett is an unbeat jazzy peice too
Thats all I can think of right now!

I'd love to skate to Take Five (Dave Brubeck) someday. Unfortunately, my skating's not fast enough right now. Actually, I think Take Five really requires a lot of footwork and connecting moves and there's not much time for those things in a Bronze program (only 1:40). Maybe if I ever get to Silver?

Elite skaters have skated to Duke Ellington music in the past (Kristi Y and G&G come to mind). A lot of songs from the "Crazy for You" soundtrack are quite catchy, but you'll need to edit out vocals in most cases.

fadedstardust
01-01-2005, 10:07 PM
Lyrics or no lyrics?

NoVa Sk8r
01-01-2005, 10:25 PM
I've seen a few bronze skaters use "Take Five" quite successfully.

There's also the ever-popular "Cantaloop" by US3.

Mrs Redboots
01-02-2005, 06:54 AM
My coach's wife is seriously thinking of having one of her skaters do their long programme to Gershwin. She played a bit of "I got Rhythm" for the skater, and it was great - but nobody could keep that up for 3.5 minutes, so I suggested she intercut it with "Summertime" to give the skater a breather. Don't know if anything will come of it, which is why I offer up the suggestion, FWIW.