View Full Version : Uncommon Dance

Mrs Redboots
12-31-2004, 03:50 AM
I couldn't go to Dance Club last night, as my daughter and her fiance were here, but little things like that don't stop my husband going. He came in laughing, though - at one stage, there had been four men and no women!

By the end of the hour there were four men and three women, I gather.....

samba
12-31-2004, 03:56 AM
I couldn't go to Dance Club last night, as my daughter and her fiance were here, but little things like that don't stop my husband going. He came in laughing, though - at one stage, there had been four men and no women!

By the end of the hour there were four men and three women, I gather.....
That's got to be one for the books Annabel, its a miracle if there is a man on the ice at our club, which is why my main interest is free as one can get tired of dancing with oneself!!
Cheers
G

mikawendy
12-31-2004, 03:37 PM

Annabel--
Like flo said once, send some of them over here!

I always notice people's "radar" perking up when they notice a new fellow taking up lessons--as if they're getting ready to "pounce" and ask whether he's interested in dancing or in skating pairs! :D

Mrs Redboots
12-31-2004, 05:24 PM
That was where one of the lads last night came from! It's a chain - one man's regular partner was off the ice for 3 months having bunion surgery (and she hasn't lost one tiny bit of her skills during the layoff, if anything she's improved, and I'm so-o-o jealous). Anyway, while she was off, her partner danced with Another Woman, who isn't much more than a beginner, but promises to be more capable than many. This other woman decided she liked to dance with a partner (who doesn't), so collared someone who's been skating very regularly for the past year or so and has just begun dance. He's now been coming to Dance Club for the past 3 weeks, even though he only knows a couple of dances - I think they'll be a great couple.

As there's only half an hour to go here, may I be the first to wish you all the happiest of New Years!