View Full Version : Checking out the AN venue

pennybeagle
12-22-2004, 04:06 PM
I am in Kansas City for part of the holidays, and so I skated at the Pepsi Midwest arena today during their public skate. It was pretty crowded, so I didn't try anything tricky, but I just wanted to get a sense of what the arena was like...

It's a very nice facility! Very clean, and WARM. :D It's about 20 degrees outside (maybe less) but I was fine on ice with just a T-shirt (had to strip out of my fleece and long-sleeve shirt) and pants. I thought the corners were a bit on the round side. One of the two full-size sheets of ice has curling targets rather than hockey circles (which might make it interesting for those of you who are like me and gauge spin/jump placement relative to the hockey circles).

Anyway, that's my spy report! Now I have to make sure I send out my applications in time.

daisies
12-22-2004, 06:35 PM
Thanks Pennybeagle! Sounds like a great venue!

Mrs Redboots
12-23-2004, 07:25 AM
Ice with curling targets printed on it is great for working things up the long axis of the rink, as it usually has lines as well, so you can practice all those exercises you have to do on the line going up the rink as well as across!