View Full Version : Ice Rinks in Vienna?

mdvask8r
12-22-2004, 07:49 AM
My friend just learned that she will be moving to Vienna, Austria for two years. She's VERY excited, but is understandably concerned about missing her daily ice time with our great group of adult skaters. Does anyone have information to share about ice rinks in Vienna? Thanks for any help you can offer. :)

Mrs Redboots
12-23-2004, 07:22 AM
A quick Google brought up this link (http://www.wien.info/article.asp?IDArticle=10396) which shows that there are several rinks in Vienna. They probably won't be open all year round, though - few rinks on the Continent are. The article gives links to the various rinks' web-sites, so your friend can contact them directly.

I do envy her - I've only been to Vienna once, and it was not enough, and certainly not a long enough trip! I should love to have the opportunity to work there for two years or so.

mdvask8r
12-23-2004, 10:41 AM
Thanks so much for the link, I've sent it on to my friend. Right after posting my question yesterday, I also did a google search and got back about a million hits! Probably including the one you found, but I was too overwhelmed at the time to sort them all out!! LOL Thanks again.
I don't think she'll have a problem finding ice in Vienna! Wish I could stow away in her luggage. Vienna is beautiful.