View Full Version : Santa, baby.....

Mrs Redboots
12-17-2004, 11:06 AM
This thread was inspired by a conversation at our Rinklers' Christmas Lunch. What would you like Santa to bring you for Christmas?

Relatively Realistic: A spin, please, at least 3 revolutions and reliable!

Wildest dreams: A really good, fast, step sequence!

sue123
12-17-2004, 11:36 AM
well, i'm jewish so santa won't bring me anything, but with our new years tradition, i want father frost to bring me consistent jumps. i think that's relatively realistic.

wildest dreams: is a triple triple combo too much to ask for?

LoopLoop
12-17-2004, 11:43 AM
Please bring my consistent axel back!

Let's see, what else do I want Santa to bring...
A new pairs partner? ;) Just kidding.
I'll settle for a clean program in our holiday show next week.

garyc254
12-17-2004, 11:43 AM
I want Santa to bring me new knees. 8-)

:D :D :D

pennybeagle
12-17-2004, 11:47 AM
For Christmas 2004:
I want my axel back. (Meaning that I am pretty confident going into the jump that I will land it, instead of having this mini psych-up argument with myself while I'm on that BO edge)

In my dreams:
Senior moves in the field! (Maybe I'll get there before I die)

backspin
12-17-2004, 12:25 PM
Oh, pleeeeze, could I have an effortless, non-scarey, consistent rocker for my Rocker Foxtrot? I've worked so hard for it.....

And an extra dose of courage when I start on my novice moves soon....... 8O

TashaKat
12-17-2004, 12:34 PM
Wildest Dreams:

Enough time and money to get back into skating and dancing again. I miss them, I miss using my body the way you use it in skating and dancing. I miss the feeling of moving across the ice/floor. I miss moving to the music. I miss the kids.

Even more wildest dreams:

My brother to hook up with someone who DOESN'T want to isolate him from his family :(

flo
12-17-2004, 12:44 PM
A consistient double sal, a pairs partner, and to enjoy what I have.

Melzorina
12-17-2004, 01:19 PM
Realistic...I'd like to master backwards 3 turns please...

Wildest Dreams: To be skating show standard...? Now that is unrealistic!!! Oh well, I have the whole of my life to try. Well, not whole, but you know what I mean.

icenut84
12-17-2004, 01:20 PM
Pretty please, Santa, please bring me:

* Regular practice time and regular lesson time (I haven't skated for weeks - no practice time - and probably won't be able to for another few weeks either)
* The ability to enter a forward spin properly! And consistently! I've been trying to do this thing for so long. I'm sure I could spin decently if I could only enter it properly. :cry:

Wildest dreams:

* An axel, a double toe, a scratch spin and a layback? Oh, and if you've got time, a Baiul-esque flying camel.

nja
12-17-2004, 01:51 PM
A consistent axel which means I can finally sign up for the Adult Gold FS test.

and

The courage and the knees to get through the Silver Samba and our OD.

quarkiki2
12-17-2004, 02:24 PM
Realistic: deeper knee bend, waltz jump, one-foot spin, BO pivot, and consistent 3 turns.

In my wildest dreams?? A Bielmann and a flying camel....

NJSk8Fan
12-17-2004, 02:56 PM
I've only ever skated for fun...I'd love Santa to bring me a public ice rink close to my home so I can once again lace up some skates and see if I can still stand up on them!

skatergirlva
12-17-2004, 03:02 PM
I would like summer-mid June, so I can skate again. :)
To pass my novice moves. :)
To not fear the axel and land it regularly in June again. :)

sk8clean
12-17-2004, 03:08 PM
Realistic: For my injured toe to quickly heal so I can get back on the ice... its been 5 months and counting (talk about ice withdraw)

Wildest Dreams: To step back out on the ice and skate like I never left including doing an axel. LOL I just learned the sal and toe loop I am years away from the axel.

Careygram
12-17-2004, 03:17 PM
Realistic-- GOLD MOVES 8O
Wildest Dreams-- triple salchow, split double twist 8-)

And then when I'm all done with that I will retire to a warm beach in hawaii and drink margaritas for breakfast.

Happy Holidays everyone,
DC

CanAmSk8ter
12-17-2004, 03:51 PM
-To do the footwork in our synchro team's short program as fast as everyone else.

-To pass my American Waltz and finish my Silver test

-To learn the long program for synchro quickly (yeah right- I'll settle for learning it without major injury to myself or my teammates!)

Honestly, I can't ask for too much this year. My dream for the whole twelve years I've been skating has been to get to U.S. Nationals once, and I'm finally on my way. We already know my synchro team will be going, because of a lack of teams our level in our section. I had hoped to qualify in dance one day, but I don't see the point of being picky ;) I didn't start skating until I was eleven years old, so I never honestly thought I'd get the chance to skate in a real, honest-to-god qualifying U.S. Championships. The fact that I'm even on this team is kind of a miracle in itself, because I don't think I would ever have considered doing synchro except that the coach approached me, saying they really needed a few more girls and some other coaches had suggested me. I figured, why not? I've only practiced with the team a few times but I'm really liking it, even thought I'm not very good yet.

PattyP
12-17-2004, 06:19 PM
A double jump...any double. I would even settle for a consistant axel that STAYED that way.

Michigansk8er
12-17-2004, 06:29 PM
Relatively realistic............to get my flip and lutz back.

Wildest dreams...........death drop.

NoVa Sk8r
12-17-2004, 06:32 PM
Let's see, what else do I want Santa to bring...
A new pairs partner? ;) Just kidding.
I'll settle for a clean program in our holiday show next week.

A new pairs partner? That can be arranged!!! :evil:
And no, methinks you're not kidding! :??

Just let me know when he arrives so I can stop getting up early on Fridays.

jazzpants
12-17-2004, 06:41 PM
Dear Santa,

I would like if I could pass my Bronze Moves and FS test in 2005. That's all I ever wanted. I don't need any extras. I just want this :frus: Bronze Moves and FS passed so I can get on with planning for AN 2006!

Terri C
12-17-2004, 06:45 PM
Gee, this is bringing out the 6 year old in me! :lol:

Santa,
I want a clean loop jump and the power to get my sitspin lower. I would also appreciate it if you can get rid of the "chicken factor" on the power three turns and the camel spin.
One last thing- since I live far away from my adult skating friends- can there be more adult skating gatherings besides the competitions and the camps- just to get on a freestyle and practice with them without the pressure of camp or competition once in awhile would be nice. Don't get me wrong- the kids are great, but being the only adult at times can get pretty lonely.

NoVa Sk8r
12-17-2004, 06:57 PM
What do I want?
Since I've been especially good this year (ahem), please, Santa, bring back my flying camel.

I'd also like some more courage to try the axel.

And if you could find it in your heart to grant me a split twist and a real death spiral, I'd be so grateful!

jenlyon60
12-17-2004, 07:00 PM
A nice strong Tango ...

An American Waltz with nice checked turns and good knee action ...

A Rocker Foxtrot mohawk when skating with coach that's easy to do and doesn't wreak havoc on my right knee...

One of these would be good, two would be VERY GOOD, and all three of these would make me estatic!

dbny
12-17-2004, 08:32 PM
Another Jew, here, but we've celebrated a secular christmas for years, so Santa, please:

Power threes
Bring back my one foot spin
Bring back my BO threes

Hannahclear
12-17-2004, 08:42 PM
Hmmmm.....

Realistic:

Back 3/mohawk sequence on BOTH feet.
A camel that consistently has more than 3 revs.

Relatively realistic:

Power threes that are passing standard.
Passing pre bronze and bronze within a year.

Christmas Dreams:

Me skating my theoretical program that way that I do in my head.
An axel.
A double loop 8O

starskate6.0
12-17-2004, 08:55 PM
:roll: This year , a back scratch and a camel spin. :evil: He better deliver.

Next year :D a double axel and a tripple salchow :halo: 8O . Im working on it baby..... " The greatest risk in life is not taking one " :D . Hey I can dream can't I. :?:

sk8er1964
12-17-2004, 09:21 PM
Realistic: For Michigansk8er to get her flip and lutz back, and for me to get the double sal, toe and loop. They're so darn close..... :evil:

Unrealistic: To land a double axel just once. One of these days, before I'm 50, I'm going to ask my coach to put me in a harness to try one. 8O

Chico
12-17-2004, 09:24 PM
Realistic: Well, sorta. To land my double loop consistently. Sorta regular would be exciting. :-)

Unrealistic/But would be nice: A NICE layback.

Chico

mskater
12-17-2004, 09:34 PM
...a double axel, a triple of any kind, and uh to skate like Oksana! :D

That's all :P

NCSkater02
12-18-2004, 06:28 AM
Realistic: The scratch spin that has been eluding me all year that I've been trying to learn. I think I'll get back scratch first. :roll: And to pass Pre-bronze moves and FS sometime next year.

Wildest dream: A lay back. And for the butterflies to disappear before I skate in front of others.

Skate@Delaware
12-18-2004, 06:41 AM
Realistic:
that darn scratch spin! :frus: I did it once (7 revs-coach watching from across the ice). Please Santa-I've been extra good! :halo:

Semi-Realistic:
Salchow-one full rev please! Ok, maybe I've been mostly good-how bout the loop instead!

mskater
12-18-2004, 10:18 AM
...the butterflies before skating in front of people, that would make a fabulous stocking stuffer:]

Melzorina
12-18-2004, 10:22 AM
Ohh santa loves me, oh yes he does, I must have been super good this year!

Well, I asked for a backwards 3 turn, not only did he give me that, he also gave me my salchow, and some runs and chasses n kilian hol with my instructor. Everything was fantabulous, and I passed my grade!!!

Mrs Redboots
12-18-2004, 11:33 AM
Well done, Melzorina! Which grade are you on now?

Melzorina
12-18-2004, 11:58 AM
Grade 9! Only two more to go! I'm really proud of myself to say I've progressed so much since I started skating on the 3rd of January this year. I hope this is the beginning of many succesful years to come!!!

LoopLoop
12-18-2004, 02:24 PM
And if you could find it in your heart to grant me a split twist and a real death spiral, I'd be so grateful!

Yeah, Santa, could you bring those to Virginia? Pretty please? :halo:

2loop2loop
12-18-2004, 03:08 PM
Since I made a pact with one of my competitors at the Mountain Cup to both have a triple in our programmes in 2005, I guess that a triple of some description would be good. (I've done the loop before, so I know I have it in me, but in competition? 8O ).

Getting that darned double axel would be nice too and having a full set of solid doubles would be nice. At the moment I have three solid doubles and two not so solid doubles.

Oh and if Santa was feeling good enough to get me some new skates... as mine are in a really bad way and I can't afford a new pair! I think they were telling me something when I snapped a lace putting on my boots just before my solo in last night's gala :evil: Fortunately I was able to do a quick fix and I skated quite respectably!

John

saras
12-18-2004, 04:31 PM
I want Santa to bring me new knees. 8-)

:D :D :D

Santa or Father Frost or anyone who feels generous - me too, new knees! At least a new left one, which is headed for surgery in a few months. Sigh.

:)

Sara

starskate6.0
12-18-2004, 07:36 PM
Realistic: For Michigansk8er to get her flip and lutz back, and for me to get the double sal, toe and loop. They're so darn close..... :evil:

Unrealistic: To land a double axel just once. One of these days, before I'm 50, I'm going to ask my coach to put me in a harness to try one. 8O

Hey Sk8ter
Nothing is unrealistic :halo: I am 45 and planning a double axel and the tripple sal before christmas next year. I may be loony toon 8O :roll: But

" The greatest risk in life is not taking one ". :D

Mrs Redboots
12-19-2004, 06:25 AM
The other thing I want, I remembered this morning, is back cross-cuts - and my Level 3 Dance Moves some time in 2005! And *perhaps* level 4 compulsories - I don't know that I necessarily want to test Level 4, but I'd like to be test standard!

IceAngel725
12-19-2004, 11:06 AM
Realistic: To get my double loop consistent again and to make progress on my axel... i'd also like to pass pre-juv moves!!!

Unrealistic: layback, flying camel, and double salchow

sk8er1964
12-19-2004, 08:56 PM
Hey Sk8ter
Nothing is unrealistic :halo: I am 45 and planning a double axel and the tripple sal before christmas next year. I may be loony toon 8O :roll: But

" The greatest risk in life is not taking one ". :D

Cool. OK, I'll make you a deal. You will post on the 2009 thread and I will post on the 2013 thread saying we accomplished the double axel dream! Works for me! (I need a bit more time to work up to it, ya know :halo: ).

tidesong
12-20-2004, 07:44 AM
Realistic:
- consistent double salchow
- consistent flying sit

Not Realistic:
- Make EVERYTHING consistent

skateflo
12-20-2004, 04:40 PM
All I want is a new right leg!!! I still am having rehab difficulties from fractured kneecap Sept. 8th. This is much too long!! Now the hip is bothering me and am having groin spasms......

If I get a new leg, then I dearly want this year to be able to do a real good forward spin, consistent back 3 turns and forward alternating inside 3's.

But most of all I want to do my program, all the half jumps, the 2 spins, and with a real smile on my face - just for me and my coach!

Perry
12-20-2004, 06:45 PM
Realistic: triple sal -- it's been so close since I got back from my rehab, but I just can't stand up!
Outside camel
To finally actually remember the steps to the Yankee Polka

Unrealistic: for my coach to let me start triple flips (I think I could actually do one without to much work, but since I can't even land my sal yet....)
To convince people I'm not going to get injured again if I skate for more than an hour...

Stormy
12-22-2004, 08:36 AM
Realistic: To test Gold Moves, Silver Free, Juvenile Free and Gold Free next year. Perhaps test Novice Moves late next year. Get the axel consistent before AN.

Wildest dreams: Double axel, I guess. And Gold Dances.

iskatealot
12-22-2004, 10:59 AM
Please Santa Please bring me a consistent axel and the landing for dbl sal dbl toe and dbl loop

Shinn-Reika
12-22-2004, 08:55 PM
for christmas: learn how to do toe jumps,

unrealistic:
-to get my 11:00 class back. If we can't have a class at 11:00. we have to goto noon (and that's a public session so no custom music)
-the death drop

and if I can't get those than a nintendo DS would do nicely :P