View Full Version : Getting new skates!

AshBugg44
12-16-2004, 02:50 AM
Okay actually there should be a sad face, not an exclamation. I'm only getting new skates since my old perfectly good ones were stolen out of my car, along with some other stuff. :( So I ordered new $810 custom Klingbeils and ISE Shadow blades (the kind with the holes in them) on Saturday. Yuck.

JessicaLynn
12-16-2004, 05:53 AM
That's AWFUL that things were stolen from your car, especially your skates :( Well at least you get cool new skates. I hope they are great for you.

Do you have a link to the new blades you bought? I have never heard of them.

Mrs Redboots
12-16-2004, 08:11 AM
Oh, I am so sorry to hear it! You must be really fed up - I do hope you can claim on your insurance, and that you get a decent new pair in good time to break them in before you need them for a test or competition.

AshBugg44
12-16-2004, 02:50 PM
Nope, our car insurance won't cover personal items, and my mom doesn't have renters insurance. :(

Blades: http://www.jerryskate.com/select.asp?Category=23488

I'm getting the Shadow ones, and I used to have the Stealth.

Andie
12-18-2004, 12:07 AM
I'm sorry to hear your skates (and other stuff) were stolen. :cry: I sometimes worry about having my skates in our car, in case someone would break in or steal the car. We try not to carry too much valuable stuff in our car - we usually don't leave tapes, CD's or cameras inside.

By the way, I notice you're just a few months younger than me. My birthday is April 1, 1985. You're also a bit ahead of me in skating - I'm (unofficially) at the ISI Freestyle 3 or 4 level.

AshBugg44
12-21-2004, 03:24 AM
Yep, looks like it! :) I'm officially at FS 5 (tested and certified to compete it ;)) and I'm working on my pre-juvenille moves for USFSA.

Aussie Willy
12-21-2004, 04:30 AM
Sorry to hear about your skates. I have mine covered with my home contents insurance policy - pay a bit extra but then I have the piece of mind if they get stolen I at least won't be out of pocket.

Those blades look really interesting - have never seen any like that before.

I actually got to wear my new boots and blades for the first time on Sunday. They are Jackson and I could not believe how much more comfortable than they crummy Risports I have been skating in for the last 4 years.

AshBugg44
12-28-2004, 01:30 PM
Unfortunately my mom doesn't have renter's insurance. I really wish she did! haha