View Full Version : Adult gold question ?

starskate6.0
12-15-2004, 09:50 PM
Does anyone know :?: :roll:

Iv now passed all my gold level test and need to know if I have to qualify at the Eastern regionals in order to enter the gold level mens event at Nationals ? :?: Can I skip the regionals and just go to Nationals at gold level. Also Is there 2 events for the gold mens? One qualifying, one not.

I ask this because the key stone competition is on the same weekend as Easton adult sectionals. :cry:

Confused

" The greatest risk in life is not taking one. " :D

manleywoman
12-15-2004, 09:57 PM
Iv now passed all my gold level test
Congrats!

and need to know if I have to qualify at the Eastern regionals in order to enter the gold level mens event at Nationals ?
Yes.

Can I skip the regionals and just go to Nationals at gold level.
And also yes.

There is an OPEN event at Nationals (ie: just sign up in your age group and compete at Gold level) and the CHAMPIONSHIP event at Nationals (ie: qualify at Sectionals and you compete at the Championship Gold event at Nationals with no attention to age). So you can try to qualify at Sectionals by getting in the top four and go to Nationals in that event, plus you can also sign up for the Open Gold event.

starskate6.0
12-16-2004, 08:16 AM
:roll: "Oh Boy" So i take it if I go to sectionals and qualify, Ill have to skate the number twice at nationals if I apply for the open gold mens .
Ill have to think about that
:?? . " New York , Money, Hotel. :?? . Thanks for the info on this.

flo
12-16-2004, 10:01 AM
Starskate: and hopefully you'll be skating an interpretive as well - then it's 3 events. If you were female it would be another skate for the initial gold round. It gets busy!

sk8er1964
12-16-2004, 03:19 PM
:roll: "Oh Boy" So i take it if I go to sectionals and qualify, Ill have to skate the number twice at nationals if I apply for the open gold mens .
Ill have to think about that
:?? . " New York , Money, Hotel. :?? . Thanks for the info on this.

If you sign up for the open event at nationals, then qualify for the championship event through sectionals, you are given the option to withdraw from the open event and receive a refund. Or you can skate in both events. It's up to you.