View Full Version : Toe box too big...

michelle K
08-05-2002, 11:30 PM
I changed to GAM 100 (C-width) a while ago. I like the boot overall. Very comfy boot from the start. However, I am having trouble with the toe box area. It's just too roomy. I can move toes up and down.
My toes used to get pinched in my old boots, but big toe area seems just as bad as a tight one. Did anyone else have to deal with this? Is going for different boots the only option?

Elsy2
08-06-2002, 08:55 AM
My daughter's left boot is too big, so we put in a different insole to take up the room. I bought Dr. Scholl's athletic insoles and cut them down to fit. I really had to trim it severely to match the skating boot insole, but it is working for her.

Mrs Redboots
08-06-2002, 09:32 AM
Before investing in new skates, why not see if you can't get used to these ones, first of all? You could always try wrapping your toes in cotton wool....

icenut84
08-07-2002, 03:03 PM
Elsy2's idea about a second insole is worth a try (BTW Elsy2 - I don't remember if I told you or not, but a couple of months ago I had new boots and the left one was too big, as my feet are slightly different sizes, and I had started to wear a thick sock on this foot to take up the room. After I read your suggestion about the extra insole, I looked everywhere for the ones you were talking about and couldn't find them anywhere, not even in a Scholl shop, but I bought some insoles that are specifically for "trainers and sports shoes", thinking they were probably the closest I'd get. I took out the existing insole from my left skate and used it as a template to cut the new one to size, and have skated with them both in my left skate ever since. :mrgreen: Now I have no problems with the size!! It's SO much better. I am eternally in your debt. :) )

Elsy2
08-07-2002, 05:55 PM
I'm so glad that worked for you Icenut! 8)