View Full Version : Choosing the right Riedell boot size

Joeyw28
12-14-2004, 09:49 AM
Hi, guys. I have some problem choosing the correct boot size. I am going to buy Riedell HLS 1500 via the internet. I never try Riedell before. I have tried SP-Teri and Harlick, I fit both of them in men's size 5.5 . I also tried Risport and I fit in size 37 (245mm). If you have Riedell boots and other brand boots (sp-teri, harlick, risport), please let me know what are the sizes that you are wearing. I never buy boots via the internet before, hope you guys can help me out. Thank you. :) :)

Elsy2
12-14-2004, 10:00 AM
To tell you the truth, if your feet fit well in SP teri and Harlick, they may not fit in Reidell's.at all. I can wear a stock SP-teri, but Reidell's never fit me right. The toebox just was not shaped right for my foot.

I think you are taking a chance to try a boot you've never had on. Isn't there any way you could go to a professional skate fitter? An ill fitting boot can wreck your feet in no time.

Melzorina
12-14-2004, 10:15 AM
Aren't Reidell supposed to have a really narrow foot? Or am I on my own planet, yet again?

sk8er7
12-14-2004, 10:20 AM
Hey guys, I have the riedell boot elite hs 1500! i love them, i have a wide foot, and you get them ordered in any size, if you go to a sk8 shop, I would never order my sk8's off the net because what if something is wrong with them? where would you take them? but anyhow back to my point, i wear a 7.5 *I have monster feet haha* and i didn't have to do anything besides put them in the oven and heat them up.. and let them cool on my feet. The next day i sk8'd in them and i was landing all my doubles! :) good luck!

CanAmSk8ter
12-14-2004, 10:38 AM
I second the suggestion to get properly fitted. Every boot is different not just in length but width. I wear a 6D in Jacksons and a 245B in Risports, but I would have no idea what size Riedell to begin with having not worn them in eight years. At a pro shop, if they order your boot from the supplier and the size turns out to be wrong for whatever reason, they'll just order you another pair. They won't charge you for the wrong pair, because the shop can potentially sell them to someone else. On your own, that option may or may not exist.

Who was it that suggested this boot to you? Does your coach know you're planning to buy a boot sight unseen online? I know my coach would have a major issue with that. Even if you end up getting them online in the long run, it's imperative to be fitted by someone who knows what they're doing.

sue123
12-14-2004, 10:56 AM
can you go to a skate shop and be fitted and than order them online? if you're set on buying them online, that's what i would do.

i was going to do the same thing, but when i went to a skate shop, the guy actually told me i might to better in a pair of jackson's and they'd last longer than the riedells's i wanted, so i decided to just buy them there, because even if you do get the same size, there may be slight differences in the boot themselves. for example, i got a size 7 in the jackson's, but the first pair i tried on didnt feel right, but when i put on another size 7, they felt much better, and i don't know why, maybe something with the stitching?

Kristin
12-15-2004, 01:35 PM
I would go to a reputable boot fitter and find out what size he/she recommends. Then match that up with what you find online.

Keep in mind that it may be possible that your boot fitter might not even recommend Reidell for your foot.