View Full Version : Back camel flip over to forward sit

pennybeagle
12-10-2004, 09:34 PM
I just started working on this transition today during the last 5 minutes of my lesson, but it makes no sense to me. Is it supposed to feel like a half loop? I think I'm supposed to flip over off of the RBO edge (I spin CCW), but then my entire right side drops and I don't make it over at all. Alternatively, I end up in a regular upright spin, but don't get down into the sit at all.

Does anyone have any tips on this? Thanks!

kayskate
12-11-2004, 02:14 PM
It's been a long time since I did this move, so grain of salt is req'd.

When I learned jumped back to forward transitions, I learned bcamel-jump-forward camel which is extremely difficult. Ilya Klimkin has a great one! I could never do it very well. It does feel something like an exagerated 1/2 loop. After working on this transition, my coach had me try bcamel-jump-forward sit. It was easy by comparison and I could do it decently. From what I remember, the trick is flipping over in a very open position and whipping the free leg around as you descend quickly into the sit spin.

As an exercise, I used to do upright jumped combos. These give the feel of the jump transition b/w back and forward spins. If you are doing the more advanced positions, the upright combo will be easy for you, and you will learn the sensation of the jump and snap into rotation in the forward spin.

Maybe I should play w/ this again. So many moves, so little time.

Kay