View Full Version : international fieldmoves?!

~shasta~
12-08-2004, 08:27 AM
I know this is kind of a wierd thing to ask...but why don't they have an international fieldmove level? After you get your gold dances, you can move on to International dances that are above and beyond the golds, so why didn't they make something like that for fieldmoves? I completed my senior fieldmoves this summer and miss doing footwork-ish kinda stuff like moves had to offer. :cry: Do any of you have this same feeling, or an idea about making another level after the senior moves for those skaters that would like to keep doing fieldmoves? :?:
any little comments or input would be helpful...thank you...
~shasta~ (callie)

Mrs Redboots
12-08-2004, 12:07 PM
The trouble is that the required moves vary from country to country - the American Moves in the Field are different animals from the British Field Moves, and the Canadian Skating Skills are different again.

In fact, our Moves are due to change in another year (yeah, right, heard that one before), and Dance Moves & Field Moves are to be concatenated into Skating Moves, with four elements in each test (at the moment, Dance Moves have 2 and Field Moves have 6). I'm hoping to pass my Level 3 Dance Moves before this happens - coach agreed that I should certainly work for this, even though he isn't too sure I'll make it (nor am I!), whereupon I shall end up, for the third time in my skating career, credited with a level of skating that I'm not actually up to! Ah well....

jenlyon60
12-08-2004, 01:44 PM
I think what she's referring to is an additional test level beyond USFS Senior MIF (also sometimes referred to as Gold MIF) because in the USFS compulsory dance test structure, after the Gold dances, there is a level named "International" dances (used to be Junior Internationals and Senior Intenationals but now they've reverted back to the generic "Internationals")

~shasta~
12-08-2004, 02:07 PM
Sorry if i didn't write clear enough for people to understand what i meant. I'm not too good with words, but Jenlyon60 has the right idea on what i intended to say. I was just wondering what skaters in the USFS fieldmoves program would think about adding on more field moves after senior as a sort of optional thing to do above and beyond getting your gold (senior) fieldmoves (kind of like what the ice dance program has after the gold dances - internationals)
thank you for such quick replys Mrs. Redboots and Jenlyon60 !
~shasta~ (callie)