View Full Version : New Years Adult Comp -- Announcement

mdvask8r
12-04-2004, 01:24 PM
The announcement & entry form for the New Years Invitational are now available on the website of the Washington FSC.

http://www.wfsc.net/

The dates are Feb 5&6 and entry forms must be postmarked by Jan 3, 2005.

Hope to see many of you in Ashburn VA in February!

skaternum
12-04-2004, 01:41 PM
My application went in the mail today!

Terri C
12-04-2004, 06:05 PM
Pending my work schedule- I've already served notice at work that I will be away- will have to wait until the schedule comes out. Especially since we have someone leaving right around Christmas- this is going to be a tight call for me! :roll:

mskater
12-05-2004, 10:22 AM
Hey skaternum, are you skating pairs or singles, or both?

skaternum
12-05-2004, 01:04 PM
Hey skaternum, are you skating pairs or singles, or both?
I'm doing:

Gold Pairs
Silver Compulsory Moves
Interp II

I don't have a singles freeskating program right now, nor am I in any hurry to get one. I just don't get enough ice time to work on any new skills, so I don't want to spend all my time working on a program.

You?

TimDsk879
12-05-2004, 01:54 PM
I am just very happy that I will not travel very far...

I will be doing Gold - Men

mskater
12-05-2004, 04:04 PM
I totally understand, I barely have time to keep my single's program 'working'...can't imagine having to train more than one program at a time:]

I'll be doing the same ole program I've been doing now for a while; it's like an old pair of shoes at this point. Can't wait to get a new one for next season!

I'm doing:

Gold Pairs
Silver Compulsory Moves
Interp II

I don't have a singles freeskating program right now, nor am I in any hurry to get one. I just don't get enough ice time to work on any new skills, so I don't want to spend all my time working on a program.

You?

NoVa Sk8r
12-05-2004, 05:46 PM
Hey mdva,
Can't wait to see your program again ... love the music, too!

Ugh, 4 more weeks to procrastinate on this comp, yet another in the Adult Grand Prix of Figure Skating series.

Do I dare skate gold spins???

The announcement & entry form for the New Years Invitational are now available on the website of the Washington FSC.

Hope to see many of you in Ashburn VA in February!

skaternum
12-05-2004, 06:07 PM
Do I dare skate gold spins???
You should be ashamed of yourself if you do not. :P

NoVa Sk8r
12-05-2004, 06:29 PM
You should be ashamed of yourself if you do not. :P

Honestly, I don't want to compete at all. :??

Terri C
12-05-2004, 06:33 PM

What??? 8O Are you still hurting???

On my end, if the Workplace Gods can look favorably on me, I'll be doing Pre Bronze freeskate and Interp ( currently working on a remake of a old program)

NoVa Sk8r
12-05-2004, 06:45 PM

Oops, should I say, "I don't want to compete EXCEPT IN PAIRS," so Loops doesn't deck me? :D

I'm sure once the doldrums of the season are over (and I'm no longer burdened with holiday shows and wacky schedules and injuries and hateful people, etc.), I'll get myself revamped for the new year and for the New Year's. But not yet. :(

Terri C
12-05-2004, 06:53 PM
Tell me about it. I've only been able to run my freeskate program once a week,if at all thanks to the LTS Christmas show that was at our rink yesterday. In addition to that, I already know that I'll only have one day to skate the week between Christmas/ New Years.

And of course there's the issue at work- I'll be pissed if I put the Interpretive program together for nothing! :x

mdvask8r
12-05-2004, 06:54 PM
NoVa, NoVa, NoVa. How many times have I heard THAT from you . . . Just get yourself out there & skate!! :) ;)

Thanks for the kind words on my new program -- the music, of course, is all thanks to YOU. I love it too.

NoVa Sk8r
12-05-2004, 07:54 PM
NoVa, NoVa, NoVa. How many times have I heard THAT from you . . . Just get yourself out there & skate!! :) ;)
Thanks for the kind words on my new program -- the music, of course, is all thanks to YOU. I love it too.
How many times? More than you and I can count, that's for sure!
Getting out there ... easier said than done.

Are you still tearing it up at Mt. Vernon in the morning? I miss skating with you and the other adults. :( And watching your new program was a definite plus, too. Perhaps next year, I'll be back there in the early morning?
Oh, will Linda S. be skating at the New Year's?

starskate6.0
12-05-2004, 08:17 PM
Asburn VA .. sounds good If I get the time off Ill give it a go. I want to do my interp again before Nationals. Any one got any more info ont the Adult sectionals on the East coast ?, Still don't know where to find the info on that :?:

NoVa Sk8r
12-05-2004, 08:27 PM
Anyone got any more info on the Adult sectionals on the East coast? Still don't know where to find the info on that :?:
Ross,
Here's the direct link:
http://www.thescny.org/pdf/sectional.pdf

Adult Eastern Sectionals is Feb. 19-20 at Chelsea Piers Rink in the best city in the world, New York City! :)

mdvask8r
12-06-2004, 01:45 AM
Well, NoVa, You will most certainly be missed by all if you don't compete. But at least we know we'll see you in pairs if nothing else.
We'd love to see you back at the early bird session! Don't know for sure, but I believe Linda is planning to skate at New Yrs.

sk8pics
12-06-2004, 06:05 AM
On my end, if the Workplace Gods can look favorably on me, I'll be doing Pre Bronze freeskate and Interp ( currently working on a remake of a old program)

I hope to be joining you for those two events! My coach and I have made good progress on a pre-bronze free program, and I think we may finish it by Friday. I also may do the pre-bronze moves event. I think it will come right down to the wire before I make my decision.

Pat

NoVa Sk8r
12-06-2004, 07:14 AM
Well, NoVa, You will most certainly be missed by all if you don't compete. But at least we know we'll see you in pairs if nothing else.
We'd love to see you back at the early bird session! Don't know for sure, but I believe Linda is planning to skate at New Yrs.

Awe, that's so nice of you to say. :)
I think Loops is out of town this week, so you just might see my smiling, frenetic face at Mt.V. on Wed. morning ...

LoopLoop
12-06-2004, 07:26 AM
Honestly, I don't want to compete at all.
PUH-LEEZE. :roll:

;)

NoVa Sk8r
12-06-2004, 08:36 AM
PUH-LEEZE. :roll:

;)

She is 'exhibit A' why I don't want to! :evil: :cry: :D 8O :?? ;) :twisted: 8-) :) :roll: :halo: :P

Mrs Redboots
12-06-2004, 10:39 AM
:lol: I don't know.... and they say me and my husband squabble when we're working together....

flo
12-06-2004, 11:27 AM
If I have my silver program ready and go, I'll do silver. Not sure about this, I've not skated a free program in years. The compusary silver looks good, but I think I won it last year (or my friend did and I was second), if so, I'll do gold spins.

LoopLoop
12-06-2004, 12:30 PM
I'll be there in:
Silver FS II
Silver pairs
Interp II (maybe)

It'll be the first time out with my new FS program!

NoVa Sk8r
12-06-2004, 12:45 PM
I'll be there in:
Silver FS II
Silver pairs
Interp II (maybe)

It'll be the first time out with my new FS program!

And as I can attest, it's a gorgeous program.
(See, we don't always have to fight! ;))

jazzpants
12-06-2004, 06:23 PM
Oops, should I say, "I don't want to compete EXCEPT IN PAIRS," so Loops doesn't deck me? :D

I'm sure once the doldrums of the season are over (and I'm no longer burdened with holiday shows and wacky schedules and injuries and hateful people, etc.), I'll get myself revamped for the new year and for the New Year's. But not yet. :(Loops: you don't need permission from me... go ahead and deck him anyway!!! :lol: :twisted:

NoVa Sk8r: If I can get thru the doldrums of skating during the holidays with a failed MITF test on my butt this year and no chance in hell of going to AN in 2005 after working on those $@^# moves for over 2.5 years (because I'm still far from being ready for the test), a calf injury this year, lost skates, and I'm still skating -- you have no excuse, dude!!! :P :lol: :twisted: ;)

Debbie S
12-06-2004, 07:50 PM
... after working on those $@^# moves for over 2.5 years ...

I hear you, jazzpants! I ran through those "$@^#" moves today. Actually, for not having practiced them regularly for a while, I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't run out of breath during each pattern. :lol: The bad news is that they suck. :frus:

All this talk of New Year's is tempting. I haven't decided anything yet - at this point, I'm just focusing on my end-of-semester stuff for my b-school classes. It'll probably come down to the wire for me to decide (like Jan. 2). I'm thinking that if my skating shows enough improvement over the next few weeks, I may go. Of course, I could always do compulsory instead of FS. Regardless, I may do Bronze MIF (so everyone can see how bad my power 3's are :) ), actually, the comp will give me an incentive to practice them - they are the move I am most likely to try to avoid.

NoVa Sk8r
12-06-2004, 09:10 PM
Loops: you don't need permission from me... go ahead and deck him anyway!!! :lol: :twisted:

Please, do NOT encourage her! The strike will come surreptitiously, usually disguised as a poor pair spin attempt: Wind up, 3-turn entrance ... THWACK goes her arm/elbow/hand into my head.

I say deck the halls, not me! :)

jazzpants
12-06-2004, 11:23 PM
Please, do NOT encourage her! The strike will come surreptitiously, usually disguised as a poor pair spin attempt: Wind up, 3-turn entrance ... THWACK goes her arm/elbow/hand into my head.

I say deck the halls, not me! :)Shhh... doncha want an excuse to not compete 'til Jan??? ;) :twisted: :lol:

Man!!! I swear, you two sound like an ol' marriage couple!!! Sounds just like me and the hubby in the earlier years of our marriage. People will hear us and say "Yeap! They're married alright!" :lol:

NoVa Sk8r
12-06-2004, 11:43 PM
Shhh... doncha want an excuse to not compete 'til Jan??? ;) :twisted: :lol:

Man!!! I swear, you two sound like an ol' marriage couple!!! Sounds just like me and the hubby in the earlier years of our marriage. People will hear us and say "Yeap! They're married alright!" :lol:
I have a Word document chock full o' excuses. ;)

And Loops and I fight more off ice than on ice. Considering all things, I think we're quite civil. 8-)
And what's a pair team without intrigue and drama? I know, I know, I have more than enough drama to go around without Loops adding to the mix. :P

LoopLoop
12-07-2004, 07:47 AM

I already have a husband, and he's much better behaved! With NoVa, it's more like trying to keep a little brother in line. :) :) :P

Terri C
12-07-2004, 05:17 PM
Hey all,
I just did a little research and found out that the weekend of the competition is Mardi Gras weekend! ;) All I have to say is... oh brother, let the beads and craziness roll and here's hoping I can be there!

NoVa Sk8r
12-07-2004, 05:26 PM
Hey all,
I just did a little research and found out that the weekend of the competition is Mardi Gras weekend! ;) All I have to say is... oh brother, let the beads and craziness roll and here's hoping I can be there!
I'll even promise to keep my top on! :lol:

Maybe we can bottle up concoctions of Hurricanes and throw those on the ice?! 8-)

Terri C
12-07-2004, 05:30 PM
If I get to go (pray for me people!) I'll bring the beads!

jenlyon60
12-07-2004, 05:43 PM
Someone needs to bring the rubber chickens then...

so we have the full complement of equipment, i.e. rubber chickens and voodoo beads

jenlyon60
12-10-2004, 05:04 PM
Was driving down Rt. 28 from the Toll Road today to turn onto Waxpool Road and noticed a flasher sign that some part of the new construction for the fly-over and ramps will be opening on or about 18th December.

Not sure what part is complete, but my guess is that it's the ramp from southbound 28 (i.e. coming from the Courtyard Inn and the mall) and possibly the flyover from the Church Road side (east side) to Waxpool Road (west side).

Terri C
12-13-2004, 10:37 AM

I'm all too happy to report that all that praying worked- I've been cleared work wise to go! Now let's all pray that the weather is decent this year leading up to and the weekend of the competition- no forced laziness for anyone!