View Full Version : Sky High Skating in Paris

garyc254
12-02-2004, 02:46 PM
Paris's latest ice-skating rink may not be big, but at 57 meters (yards) up the Eiffel Tower you can't beat the view.

Skating in Paris (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=856&ncid=856&e=1&u=/nm/20041202/od_uk_nm/oukoe_odd_france_eiffeltower)

sue123
12-02-2004, 03:26 PM
i think that is really really cool. this past summer, i spent my entire summer in paris studying french at hte sorbonne. it was so fun, and the eiffel tower is just pretty darn cool. and an ice rink there? if only i were going back this winter.

Shinn-Reika
12-03-2004, 01:08 AM
Do you think it will be an annual thing.

I would definately want to go there, but at the moment I'm a single poor college student. It's hard enough for me to get to the movie theatre (no car), much less go to paris.

Mrs Redboots
12-03-2004, 04:47 AM
"Ooh, can we go to Paris next week?" :?:

But he only laughed :cry:

Don't see why not, it doesn't cost too much for a day-trip from here.....

MQSeries
12-03-2004, 06:44 AM
"Ooh, can we go to Paris next week?" :?:

But he only laughed :cry:

Don't see why not, it doesn't cost too much for a day-trip from here.....

It doesn't take long on the Eurotrain to get from London to Paris, right? I think it would be a great photo opportunity if you can do it. I wish I can.

sue123
12-03-2004, 06:46 AM
mrs redboots, you're in london right? yet another one of my favorite cities. i went there for a couple of days when i was studying in paris. so much fun. i plan on studying there next year. and you can take the chunnel to paris.

roza
12-03-2004, 08:47 AM
Of course they decide to put a rink 5 minutes walk from my uni the year after I graduate :frus:
Skating in front of the Mairie and on La Defense was cool, but NOTHING compared to the Eiffel Tower. I guess it's just as well they didn't have the ice rink up their last year as I would have spent far too much lecture/seminar time staring longingly out of the window, dreaming of skating.

Mrs Redboots
12-03-2004, 10:24 AM
mrs redboots, you're in london right? yet another one of my favorite cities. i went there for a couple of days when i was studying in paris. so much fun. i plan on studying there next year. and you can take the chunnel to paris.Yes, I'm in London. If your plans to study there next year come off, do let me know and I'll give you information about rinks, teachers and so on. And yes, one can get to Paris by train in 2.5 hours from here. Lille is even nearer - and I wouldn't at all mind seeing the New Year in there..... and I believe it has a temporary ice rink, too!