View Full Version : USFSA Dance Music

dani
08-05-2002, 07:38 AM
Hi everyone!

Does anyone know where I can get a CD of dance music for the USFSA dances? Is there an "official" set?

Thanks!!
Danielle

TashaKat
08-05-2002, 10:13 AM
[quote:37249c54ce="dani"]Hi everyone!

Does anyone know where I can get a CD of dance music for the USFSA dances? Is there an "official" set?

Thanks!!
Danielle[/quote:37249c54ce]

Hi Dani (not my niece ;) )

I don't know about the USFSA but there is a set of Official ISU CD's ....... UNFORTUNATELY they cost about £75 GBP so are pretty expensive ........ BUT I have uploaded some of the dances to Yahoo UKskatersMusic (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/UKskatersmusic/) and if they're the right ones you are more than welcome to 'nick' them from there :lol: Look in the 'files' section under Compulsories and take your pick :D

L x

garyc254
08-05-2002, 10:44 AM
An excellent question. I hope you get some detailed responses. I've asked this question at rinks before and no one seems sure. As best I can tell, each region, district, area, or something picks there own.

A friend from St. Louis tested the Rocker Fox at Miami U a couple of weeks ago and they played music she had never heard here in St. Louis. It threw her off enough that she failed the test.

Elsy2
08-06-2002, 08:50 AM
Our rink is using the ISU tapes from CFSFA, now Skate Canada. They begin at the US pre-silver level, so the first 9 US dances are not included. You may be able to order through the Skate Canada site, but like Lynn said, I think they are fairly expensive.

Imo
08-06-2002, 12:35 PM
For Skate Canada, they have had several series of music over the years (I think Series 8 is the current one) which is why you often hear different music at different rinks, it depends on which series that club has. These are different than the ISU CDs, although similar, and are less expensive but still pricey ($74.99 CDN for members, $99.99 CDN otherwise). You can order them from Skate Canada.

The ISU music, which you can order from Skate Canada or the ISU directly, offers music for all the "ISU Dances" (ie- Fourteenstep and higher). ($269.99 CDN/$299.99 CDN from Skate Canada, 110.00 CHF from the ISU - that's in Swiss Francs...)

The USFSA probably has a number of sets similar to Skate Canada's that can be purchased, but I don't really know for sure... I know that the USFSA music is often different than SC's, although it's sometimes just a different arrangement of the same piece.