View Full Version : Homemade crash pads?

MissIndigo
08-04-2002, 07:56 PM
I have read repeatedly on this board and others about those who make their own padding out of mousepads, pads used for gardening, etc. I was wondering how you modified them...I know for example that mousepads have a grippy surface that would probably hold against tights, but is there anything else I'd need to do to make sure they won't slip?

I need something to help protect a naaaaaasty bruise I have on my right upper thigh. (It's seven colors--that yucky.)

flo
08-05-2002, 08:38 AM
I just cut up the pads to the desired size and stick them in my pants. After a few falls they are "form fitted".

kar5162
08-05-2002, 08:47 AM
I had a bruise like that a few weeks ago...I don't recommend falling flat sideways on your hip. :) I used a thick kitchen sponge (new of course) - the bruise was bad and sore, so I wanted to make sure I was falling on something that would be very cushioning. It stayed in place fine with tights on.

Kim

Mrs Redboots
08-06-2002, 09:18 AM
While padding is the best thing to help prevent bruises, to help them heal quickly, apply arnica cream (available from health food shops and some chemists), and if the bruise is too sore to do that, take homeopathic arnica tablets. I think all skaters should carry both of these in their skate bags, for immediate first aid! Also Dr Bach's Rescue Remedy, both for shock and to ward of test/competition nerves.