View Full Version : the funny things people say

sue123
11-18-2004, 07:13 AM
i'm thinking of all the things people have told me since i restarted my skating. the other day, my mom, who is not too happy that i skate so much, asked me when i'm going to the olympics :?: she asked me why i can't do a triple axel like michelle kwan. i'm sorry ma, but my skating just isnt good enough. another thing i remember from when i was a kid, evertime i'd do a spiral, my coach wold say "squeeeeezzzeee your tushy" with the squeeze part coming out like he was constipated.

anybody got anything?

Mrs Redboots
11-18-2004, 07:17 AM
One skater of my acquaintance has the mantra "Tummy in, tushy in, boobettes up!" which just about says it all! To which another skater commented, "Yeah, but it's all got to go somewhere!"

My husband's coach said she was told to imagine she had a walnut between her buttocks - I said, a penny, surely, a walnut would be too uncomfortable. "Oh," she said, "That's the point!"

sue123
11-18-2004, 07:59 AM
[QUOTE=Mrs Redboots]One skater of my acquaintance has the mantra "Tummy in, tushy in, boobettes up!" which just about says it all! To which another skater commented, "Yeah, but it's all got to go somewhere!"
QUOTE]

that mantra sounds like what my mom used to tell me about proper posture. she used to say "stomach in, boobs out". lately, it's become "be proud of what your mama gave you"

sk8er1964
11-18-2004, 12:09 PM
she asked me why i can't do a triple axel like michelle kwan. i'm sorry ma, but my skating just isnt good enough.

Actually, you can tell your mom you do skate just like Michelle Kwan, because she doesn't have a triple axel either! :D