View Full Version : Lost Dresses - British Adult Champs iceSheffield

max
11-18-2004, 07:06 AM
I have it in my mind that I read somewhere that a skater had lost/left her dresses at the above event. Did I imagine this? Annabel I am sure you will know. During a room swop, we have found a couple of dresses that we think might have been left over from the Adult Champs.

Mrs Redboots
11-18-2004, 07:15 AM
I left a pair of over-boot tights there, if you should have happened to come across those! Yes, I agree, I'm sure I read somewhere that someone had forgotten a dress, but I can't remember who at this stage. Batikat, was it you?

NickiT
11-18-2004, 11:11 AM
Val at my rink lost her dress and has yet to be re-united with it. I've just emailed her to let her know that some dresses were found and hope that one of the found ones is hers. Since Val doesn't post on here, I'm happy to act on her behalf. I cannot pm Max, but if you read this Max, please contact me and I'll let you have Val's email address if you don't have it already.

Nicki

batikat
11-18-2004, 06:59 PM
Yes it was me that asked about lost dresses originally - but Nicki T has got to this first and already let Val know so I'll leave it in her capable hands. I know it was a fairly plainish blue dress so I hope it turns out to be the one - it wasnt' worth much in monetary terms but had great sentimental value to Val.

Thanks Max for letting us know.

Was there more than one? - I think I might know another skater who thought she'd left a dress in Sheffield - I'll check with her and get her to contact you Max if it was.

aliceM
11-19-2004, 05:23 AM
I believe the dresses may be mine. Both are dance dresses by Inside Edge (large size) - one is purple velvet body with long purple chiffon skirt - the other is black velvet with ducktail skirt and wavy illusion fabric insert to upper front and back.

When I got home I realised I'd forgotten them, but unfortunately, I live 160 miles away, so couldn't pop back!. I reported the loss to several people at Ice Sheffield and also to NISA.

Does this sound like the dresses you've found? I've PM'd you.
Thanks.

max
11-19-2004, 06:21 AM
Alice

I've pm'd you as they certainly sound like your dresses.

Maxine

aliceM
11-19-2004, 06:29 AM
Hi Max, you have selected not to receive PMs.
Please PM me with contact details.
Thanks!
:D

aliceM
11-25-2004, 03:15 AM
Yippee!!!

I've got my skating dresses back at last! I really thought they had been stolen, as I had rung IceSheffield several times, and been told that the changing rooms had been checked, nothing had been found, and there was nothing in lost property. Then max posted on skatingforums. There was a synchro qualifying competition at IceSheffield last weekend, and the Bracknell team were travelling up with two coaches, who very kindly brought my dresses back down with them.

So a million thanks to max, to skatingforums, and to the coaches who brought back the dresses and looked after them for me.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Mrs Redboots
11-25-2004, 10:45 AM
Oh Alice, that is good news - I was thinking of your lovely purple one only this morning, as Jen has been urging me to buy some rather nice purple stretch velvet we saw in Lewisham and make, or have made, a dress out of it, and I'm tempted..... but I'd hate you to think I was copying you!

So glad you have them back!

NickiT
11-25-2004, 11:00 AM
Just for the record, I had an email from Val yesterday and she too is thrilled to have her lost dress returned too. I'm glad everyone who lost dresses has been reunited with them now!

Nicki