View Full Version : Lost my skates... :(

jazzpants
11-17-2004, 07:24 PM
As of Monday night, I lost my beautiful pair of purple ice skates at a restaurant. That restaurant does not admit to having them. I have already left my name and number with them in case they found it. I also have filed a police report, just in case...

Meanwhile I have to expendite another pair of purple skates and I'm likely to go to NYC with my old pair of black boots (and new MK Pros blades...) And it's gonna cost me major $$$ WAAAAAAH!!!! :cry:

If you guys who go surfing on EBay happened to see a pair of deep purple leather (similar to TashaKat's skates...) please let me know!!! I need those boots back! (They can keep the blades...)

sk8er1964
11-17-2004, 08:12 PM
Oh, no, Jazzpants :twisted: . I hope some good samaritan will find them soon and you'll get them back.

skaternum
11-17-2004, 08:27 PM
Oh, jazzpants! This is so awful. I hope beyond all hope that you'll be able to get the boots back. Poor thing!! :cry:

nerd_on_ice
11-17-2004, 10:05 PM
Oh nooooooooo! I can't believe it! :cry:

Chico
11-17-2004, 10:44 PM
Oh nooooo! I'm very sorry to hear it. =-( I will keep my fingers crossed just in case.

Chico

dbny
11-17-2004, 11:11 PM
Oh no! How absolutely horrible. I watch ebay daily, and will definitely keep an eye out. You should let everyone at the rinks where you skate know also, as they may turn up for sale there.

What size street shoe do you wear and what size blade do you use? I may be able to get you a decent pair of loaners for your NY visit.

TashaKat
11-18-2004, 12:34 AM
That's awful, I hope that you get them back.

Just so you know the exact colour you're looking for here are my skates which are pretty much the same (not that there are going to be many purple skates out there):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/TashaKat/Purple_boots.jpg

mikawendy
11-18-2004, 06:53 AM
You might also want to let the pro shops and coaches in your area know, in case they see someone with them or in case someone tries to trade them in.

I hope they make their way back to you!!!

Mrs Redboots
11-18-2004, 07:13 AM
So do I. Major hugs.....

Husband left his on the train once but luckily got them back at the end of the day - some honest soul had handed them in when the train reached the terminus.

Which reminds me, here we are all so paranoid about unattended baggage in case it contains a bomb - might it be worth asking at your local police station in case they were handed your skates, thinking that they might be a security risk?

PattyP
11-18-2004, 11:09 AM
Oh no! That's aweful. My heart goes out to you as I know what it feels like to lose skates that way. You know the idiot who took them will not in any way appriciate the value they have to you.

Since they are a very unique color, you have a much better chance of getting them back. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Melzorina
11-18-2004, 12:55 PM
I'm sorry that you lost them and I hope you get them back because they are seriously cool. How come they are purple?!?

AnnM
11-18-2004, 01:34 PM
(((((Jazzpants))))), that's so awful! I hope that they are recovered soon. In addition to scanning Ebay and notifying local pro shops/coaches know, call or go to the Play It Again sports stores in SF and on the peninsula. I know for sure that there is a store down in the West Portal area. They actually get a lot of skates for trade-in and are known to pay more $$$ during this time of year.

skatingatty
11-18-2004, 04:22 PM
What sad news! I'm sorry to hear that-- I've lost skates before too. You wonder why anyone would want someone else's old skates. What are the chances that the thief could find someone who wanted them and were that size? I hope they turn up sometime!

dbny
11-18-2004, 05:10 PM
What sad news! I'm sorry to hear that-- I've lost skates before too. You wonder why anyone would want someone else's old skates. What are the chances that the thief could find someone who wanted them and were that size? I hope they turn up sometime!

They were brand, spanking new!

Blosmbubbs
11-20-2004, 12:07 AM
Jazz, I'm sorry you lost them. Hope you find them soon and I'll keep a look out for them too. :cry:

TashaKat
11-20-2004, 02:36 AM
Any news?

How long will Harlick take to expidite them?

jazzpants
11-20-2004, 03:20 PM
Hi, everyone!

First thing... thank you to EVERYONE for your support!!! WOW!!!

Let's see... since then, I've learned that San Francisco is not necessarily the easiest of cities to deal with "non-emergency" stuff either. (I jumped thru a LOT of hoops before I finally got my police report in and get a case number out of it.)

I just placed my order for new Harlicks boots as of Wed. afternoon. (My coworkers and especially my boss was very understanding of my situation! Thank you, guys!) I'm shopping now for good deals on blades...It looks like I might be able to get a good idea from my home rink too, considering shipping and all.) Right now their estimate is the week before Christmas, but it's really dependent on how soon they can get the leather for my boots. (It's the exactly same grade and color...but I was tempted to get a lighter lilac color boots though...)

Thank goodness there's one good thing has come out of it... if you haven't already read on "Patsy's Parlor" in "Non-Skating Discussion", my husband did finally get a decent paying job -- and said "I owe you a BIG treat! In fact, I owe you A LOT of treats!!!" Of course, I EXPECT him to follow-thru on his promise... :twisted:

Carleenp
11-20-2004, 03:35 PM
What a bummer!!!! I would think that the odds of finding them could be good/medium though. I figure that purple boots stand out and so if sold on ebay or at a local store, someone will likely notice. Or if a person in the area suddenly shows up with purple boots, questions could be asked. Of course such a person could not be the thief, but an innocent buyer, but it could lead to finding the thief (and getting the boots back, which of course would be a bummer for an innocent buyer). Anyway, I tend to cruise ebay a bit, so I will keep an eye out. I once got back a stolen lawn mower many months later, and after I had long replaced it, when I saw a person using it 2 blocks from my house (it had duct tape on a broken handle, which made it stand out). So you never know! Good luck to you!

TashaKat
11-20-2004, 04:42 PM
Right now their estimate is the week before Christmas, but it's really dependent on how soon they can get the leather for my boots. (It's the exactly same grade and color...but I was tempted to get a lighter lilac color boots though...)

I was tempted by the lilac colour too! I even got the swatches and skated round the rink with them attached to my boots :roll: I found them too grey though and didn't have as much of an impact on the ice which is why I went for purple (after dragging myself away from the furry leopard print ones).

Fingers crossed that they'll turn up :D

x

dbny
11-20-2004, 04:55 PM
I'm shopping now for good deals on blades...It looks like I might be able to get a good idea from my home rink too, considering shipping and all.)

For the best price on blades, contact Mike (MIGOLD22@aol.com) at the Cantiague (Long Island) pro shop. I'll PM you with his phone if you are interested. Some examples of his prices are Gold Seals for $340, and Coronation Aces for $145. He ships UPS and charges actual shipping cost.

I've done a lot of shopping for blades over the years and have not been able to find anyone to beat his prices except under special circumstances.

isk84kalan
11-23-2004, 05:57 PM
:( So sorry about the skates. Hope that your purple ones will turn up. :cry: My heart fills with sadness for you.

:D GOOD LUCK :D

~shasta~
11-27-2004, 12:19 PM
i express my condolences and wish you the best of luck with finding them....
and remember to check the local pawn shops, and any kind of second hand stores like salvation army or goodwill, or any second hand sports shops.
i hope all works out.... :cry:
keep us updated!
~shasta~ (callie)

doubletoe
11-27-2004, 04:43 PM
So sorry about your awful experience! Whoever took them had no idea how much more they were worth to you than to anyone else. :(

But, like everyone else said, it's pretty darn hard to hide purple boots, so they may show up somewhere. Besides, we all know what happens when you try to skate in boots that weren't sized for you! Whoever stole them may end up getting their karmic comeuppance, especially since they weren't broken in yet, LOL!