View Full Version : UK rinks & skaters

climbsk8
11-16-2004, 06:15 PM
Hello!

I'm planning a trip to London just after Thanksgiving (11/25 for those of you who don't celebrate Thanksgiving!) and I want to bring my skates and find a rink to train at while I'm there.

We're going to be close to Stevenidge (sp?) for the bulk of the trip.

Can anyone out there help me out? It would be great to know ahead of time where to go, costs, schedules etc.

Thanks in advance!!

TashaKat
11-17-2004, 12:14 AM
I think that you mean Stevenage in Hertfordshire. I lived there until March of this year. There used to be a rink at Stevenage but it was closed down a year after I moved there. The nearest for you would be Alexandra Palace in Wood Green, North London. It is easy to get to from the A1 or the train from Stevenage stops at Alexandra Palace station, you then have a short bus ride or a hike up the hill.

When would you want to skate? Would you want to skate on patch?

I used to skate there, you can see pics of the rink on my out of date website:

http://www.geocities.com/lynne_99_uk

Mrs Redboots
11-17-2004, 06:23 AM
If you would like a trip to South London, we'd be delighted to welcome you to our Figure Club on a Tuesday evening at 7.00 pm, or, if you are a dancer, to our Dance Club at the same time on a Thursday evening. Let me know. It's quite a long way from Stevenage, though, so you might well be better off at Alexandra Palace.