View Full Version : Deborah Burgoyne North American Invitational

w.w.west
11-01-2004, 07:15 PM
Please join us in Wyandotte, Michigan on February 19, 2005. This is formerly the North American Adult Invitational. It has been renamed to honor the memory of a dear skating friend. The announcement can be found at the website :http://ic.net/~burgoyne/wyandot/wyandot.htm

We hope to see you in February!

Michigansk8er
11-02-2004, 07:43 PM
I'll be there. Anyone else?

Elsy2..........we may have to change the weekend of our annual visit.

NoVa Sk8r
11-02-2004, 09:21 PM
It's the same weekend as Eastern Adult Sectionals in NYC. :cry:

plinko
11-02-2004, 09:36 PM
It's the same weekend as Western Ontario Section Adult competition so probably not very many Canucks.

pennybeagle
11-03-2004, 10:28 PM
I'm planning on going, and there are about three other skaters I talked to today from my club who are interested/planning on going.

sk8er1964
11-08-2004, 04:31 PM
I'll be there, of course 8-)

techskater
11-08-2004, 05:33 PM
What North American Invitational would be complete without the Chicago contingent. Several of us will be there of course!

flying~camel
11-08-2004, 05:39 PM
I will probably be there...

w.w.west
01-05-2005, 08:59 PM
The deadline for this competition has been extended through Monday, January 10.

Hope to see you next month!

flo
01-06-2005, 09:18 AM
Good luck to all at this event. I skated in it a few years ago, and it was great. Also have a great time at Easterns - thought about it, but I'll be there the weekend before at the dog show! Woof.

Michigansk8er
01-06-2005, 05:05 PM
I won't be going after all. Things are progressing slowly, and I don't have a program together yet.

Have fun everyone, and I'll hope I'm ready next year.

Beccapoo2003
01-06-2005, 06:18 PM
Michigansk8ter, you can go! I'm still looking for music for my new program! It will be a great opportunity to try it for the first time in competition and also support other wonderful Adult Skaters! However, it is true that not all folks are quite as warped and have a little more common sense than I! :?? 8O
It is a great competition and look forward to being there! Besides, why pass up a good opportunity to harass Bill Papineau! :twisted: :twisted:
Becca from Alabama

Michigansk8er
01-06-2005, 06:39 PM
Michigansk8ter, you can go! I'm still looking for music for my new program! It will be a great opportunity to try it for the first time in competition and also support other wonderful Adult Skaters! However, it is true that not all folks are quite as warped and have a little more common sense than I! :?? 8O
It is a great competition and look forward to being there! Besides, why pass up a good opportunity to harass Bill Papineau! :twisted: :twisted:
Becca from Alabama

Becca,

If you could only see the current state of my skating you'd know there is no way I could toss anything together in time. Coming back after back surgery has been a lot harder than I thought it would. I'm heading down to visit Elsy2 that weekend............so she'll have to preview my interp. Lucky Elsy2!!! :D

It'll be hard to pass up an opportunity to harass Bill...........but I'll be sure to make up for it at AN............and most likely enjoy a few beers together too!!! Isn't that right Sk8er1964?

w.w.west
01-06-2005, 09:21 PM
Becca from Alabama

Hey Becca,

Since I haven't seen your app. yet, how many events should I be prepared to enter for you this year? hee-hee

Looking forward to seeing you as always!

Mrs Redboots
01-07-2005, 06:00 AM
Besides, why pass up a good opportunity to harass Bill Papineau! :twisted: :twisted: :lol: Why do you think we want to come so badly???? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_5.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm79668GB) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_6_216.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm79668GB)

flying~camel
01-07-2005, 07:01 AM
Turns out, I won't be attending this year, either. I've been spending most of my time working on my Bronze MIF test and haven't done my program in about 6 months! 8O

sk8er1964
01-07-2005, 12:55 PM
It'll be hard to pass up an opportunity to harass Bill...........but I'll be sure to make up for it at AN............and most likely enjoy a few beers together too!!! Isn't that right Sk8er1964?

Yup!

I get to harass him all the time, though. Lucky me! :halo:

(His "Regular US Pairs Partner" can't come, and his "International Pairs Partner" is overseas, so he defaulted to his "Home State Pairs Partner" for this competition! :P )

nja
01-07-2005, 01:04 PM
This is also the same weekend as a popular dance weekend in Toronto. We aren't going to Toronto, but our fellow dancers are, so we won't be going to DBNAI either.

We have done this competition several times in the past, the last time being 2 years ago. It is a lot of fun! Good luck to everyone who competes!

jazzpants
01-07-2005, 03:00 PM
Yup!

I get to harass him all the time, though. Lucky me! :halo:

(His "Regular US Pairs Partner" can't come, and his "International Pairs Partner" is overseas, so he defaulted to his "Home State Pairs Partner" for this competition! :P ) I wonder if the "underwear phantom" is gonna show up again... :P :twisted:

Mel On Ice
01-07-2005, 03:01 PM
good luck to everyone, I hope to compete there next year

Mrs Redboots
01-08-2005, 03:47 AM
(His "Regular US Pairs Partner" can't come, and his "International Pairs Partner" is overseas, so he defaulted to his "Home State Pairs Partner" for this competition! :P )I thought you were his "Gold level pairs partner"?

sk8er1964
01-09-2005, 10:10 AM
I thought you were his "Gold level pairs partner"?

That too - but isn't his "International Pairs Partner" Gold?

Mrs Redboots
01-10-2005, 10:39 AM
No, I think they tend to just do "Adult pairs" - I'm not sure what level they'll skate at the Mountain Cup, since it's been divided into Bronze, Silver & Gold - the international partner told me the other day she thought probably Bronze, since they get so little chance to practice together.