View Full Version : PLEASE help me!!

pokerpug
10-18-2004, 01:54 AM
Hi everyone...I need your help!!
I need to know the steps for the dutch waltz. See it has been awhile and I know once I remember the steps it will be pretty simple to do again. The count is 6 right?? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help a "old-timer figure skater" I have looked all over the internet and kind find them anywhere so I am counting on you guys!!
Thanks so much!! :D

Isabelle
10-18-2004, 09:49 AM
Intro steps are left, right, left, right.
progressive, swing roll, swing roll, progressive, left, right, progressive, swing roll, left, right. :)

backspin
10-18-2004, 10:04 AM
& yes, the count is 6. It's 6 (or 1-2-3, 1-2-3) for any waltz.

pokerpug
10-18-2004, 09:46 PM
progressive, swing roll, swing roll, progressive, left, right, progressive, swing roll, left, right. :)

when you say: left, right...left, right what???
thanks again so much for your help!! :)

luna_skater
10-18-2004, 11:08 PM
Step on your left foot, step on your right foot, etc...

triple twist
10-19-2004, 12:50 AM
i hope you know the pattern along with the steps! I think it would help! hahehe

skaternum
10-19-2004, 09:01 AM
when you say: left, right...left, right what???
thanks again so much for your help!!
Well, see, that's just the problem. You can't really teach somebody an ice dance just by typing in words. Why don't you ask a coach at your rink to give you a 10 minute refresher lesson?

Justine_R
10-19-2004, 09:07 PM
Perfect!!! :)

luna_skater
10-20-2004, 01:42 PM
Hi everyone...I need your help!!
I need to know the steps for the dutch waltz. See it has been awhile and I know once I remember the steps it will be pretty simple to do again. The count is 6 right?? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help a "old-timer figure skater" I have looked all over the internet and kind find them anywhere so I am counting on you guys!!
Thanks so much!! :D

BTW, if you are a Skate Canada member, all the patters are on the Members page.

Dr. Phil
10-20-2004, 05:32 PM
Here's (http://www.gg.caltech.edu/~jeff/javaskate/dutch.html) a pattern that shows each step and edge.

Mrs Redboots
10-23-2004, 02:43 PM
You have all forgotten the slow run at the end of the dance, and to tell the OP which edges s/he needs to be on!

I would write it thus: four introductory pushes, or whatever start you and your coach think up between you.

LFO/RFI/LFO progressive/run (timing 2, 1, 3 beats respectively)
RFO swing roll (6 beats; hold your free leg extended behind for first 3 beats, and don't even think about bringing it forward until 4!)
LFO swing roll
RFO/LFI/RFO progressive/run (timing of both those steps as above)
LFO (3 beats) (this should be going round the hockey circle at the end of the rink)
RFI (3 beats - note this is an inside edge and continues round the circle)
LFO/RFI/LFO run (as above - this should finish pointing up the rink)
RFO swing roll (6 beats, across the end of the rink)
LFO (3 beats)
cross to RFI (3 beats) (around the hockey circle at the far side)
and repeat.