View Full Version : 2 Questions !!

iskatealot
10-17-2004, 11:02 AM
1) Im trying my Sr. Bronze skills test in november and my only problem is the 1ft left stop on A..........any help for this ?

2) I already passed my Fourteen Step but I need it for a competition this year. Does anyone know what judges in competition are looking for in this dance?

the old gurl
10-17-2004, 12:15 PM
Timing, timing and timing -- as well as a 'march' feel to the dance. Make sure you are 'stepping' the steps and not 'free-skating' them. Keep those turns clean and don't break at the waist. Also, work to stay on pattern. Essentially, you are looking to do all the things you would need to do to get E's from a tough evaluator. The crisper, the better.

Good luck!

Dr. Phil
10-17-2004, 08:24 PM
I just competed my Fourteenstep and here are some things they look for:
1) Rise-up on back progressive to step forward at beginning of end pattern
2) Feet together on mohawk at end pattern!!!
3) Correct shape of pattern
4) Character! Remember it's a march!
5) And of course, timing timing timing!!! I was off time on my second pattern and got marked down!

luna_skater
10-17-2004, 09:15 PM
For that left stop...just keep practicing it. Try taking a small push to glide forward, and then just turn your foot. Do that at a low speed and keep practicing it with a bit more speed until you feel comfortable.

Great suggestions so far about the Fourteenstep, and I would add: tidy feet, strong posture, and lively expression.

Justine_R
10-19-2004, 09:06 PM
Sr Bronze-Just do little steps and then try to lift your foot up...It should get better as you do it.
Fourteenstep-Timing,Attitude(March like a solider).