View Full Version : MK Club 2000 Standard Blades

sk8gal07
10-10-2004, 09:16 AM
Has anyone had any experience with MK Club 2000 standard blades? Or any other model of MK? I think my next skates are coming with MK Club 2000 blades and i've only used gam blades before so i have no experience with them. Thanks for reading =)

techskater
10-10-2004, 09:19 AM
MK Blades are awesome. I was in John Wilson blades for years and a couple years ago purchased my first pair of MK's (Phantoms) and found an immediate difference in my spins. The radius is made for improved sinning (for me, anyway)

mary
10-10-2004, 10:22 AM
The radius is made for improved sinning (for me, anyway)

:lol: :lol:

Elsy2
10-12-2004, 09:54 AM
I had the Wilson version of a Club 2000 blade for my very first blades. The MK Club 2000 is an inexpensive blade (about $50), with beginner toepicks.

IMO, this blade is fine for a beginner, but if you are jumping, I'd ask to upgrade to the next level of blade.

They don't feature the MK 2000 on their website anymore, so perhaps it is now obsolete? They do feature the Double Star as an all purpose blade. I'd consider that, or the MK Professional if you can afford it.

CanAmSk8ter
10-12-2004, 11:39 AM
I had the MK Single Star for my first blade, but I don't think they make that anymore. I was old enough that me feet weren't going to grow much if at all, so my fitter put me in a blade that would last me through a few years, which it did.

If you're old enough that your feet have stopped growing, or at least slowed down quite a bit, I would consider going up one blade if you're out of Learn-to-Skate. But if your feet are still growing pretty quickly, a Club 2000 should be fine for now. You'll need new ones about the time you outgrow the skates anyway.

Azlynn
10-13-2004, 10:50 PM
As I'm a poor student, they're what I currently have.

I can do all the jumps up to the axel in them, including flip and lutz.