View Full Version : Has anyone had this trouble with their Axel and Dbl Salchow??

iskatealot
10-08-2004, 09:04 PM
Im deseratly trying to land my axel and double salchow but everytime I land My foot hits the ice and tips on how to fix this?? :cry:

techskater
10-08-2004, 09:51 PM
There are a couple of possibilities, but without seeing the jump, I can't comment for sure. Either your free foot is not in the correct position (meaning side by side with your landing foot or out to the side not closed up properly) which causes some of your weight to transfer over to the free side and make your foot touch down or your upper body is not squared off properly before leaving the ice cuasing your upper body to lean outside the circle somewhat and your free foot to touch the ice. Hope this helps.

Chico
10-08-2004, 11:01 PM
I have this problem too. My coach has told me to think of putting a loop on the end of the jump. Just thinking about doing this helps. Keep over your right side.

Chico

iskatealot
10-09-2004, 10:45 AM
I have this problem too. My coach has told me to think of putting a loop on the end of the jump. Just thinking about doing this helps. Keep over your right side.

Chico
thanx a ton the only jump I have tried putting on the end is a toeloop but a loop would make more sense!

Chico
10-09-2004, 10:10 PM
Welcome. Hope it helps.

Chico

flo
10-11-2004, 09:28 AM
Raise the free hip, and also make sure your chin is up on the landing. If you are looking down, it's easy to drop the free foot.

lisalockwood
10-24-2004, 07:44 PM
I have this problem too. My coach has told me to think of putting a loop on the end of the jump.

i'd recommend doing two axels in a row or putting a different single jump before the axel(like flip axel)
and find out which one is best for u
if u want to be my email pal email me at lisalockwood@direcway.com 8-)

P.S. i am currently in Freestyle 5 and have landed my double loop :D

lil-sk8r-chick5
11-02-2004, 06:10 PM
Im deseratly trying to land my axel and double salchow but everytime I land My foot hits the ice and tips on how to fix this?? :cry:

i think if your having any trouble you should ask your coach... and if u dont have one.. maybe consitering getting one... a coach can see your jump and figure out what the problem is...

or maybe its just that your jumps not consistant yet... i couldnt land it..now that i am skating about 3-4 hours a day it has really helped my skating... i am starting to get my jumps clean...

well good luck on that! :)